• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce 7-35 How much cant?

bgavin

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2018
AL
I have a 20 moa rail on a 6.5 creedmoor. Looking at possibly a spuhr mount for added elevation.

Would a 13 mil spuhr be do able with this scope and my 20 moa rail?

Was also looking at adjustable era Tac.

Friend just got a mile target set up at his place and need more elevation.

Thanks

total of 40 MOA should be plenty and still give you a 100 yard zero. You don't want to compromise your inside game for hitting a mile with a 6.5CM

depending the rifle, 20 to 24 Mils to hit a mile give or take a minute

Reactions: longgunJR
I run 40moa total* on my 6.5cm and it's more then enough with my ATACR scopes.

Last edited:
Thanks

I’ve got a razor and the ATACR is In the mail so wasn’t sure.

total of 40 MOA should be plenty and still give you a 100 yard zero. You don't want to compromise your inside game for hitting a mile with a 6.5CM

depending the rifle, 20 to 24 Mils to hit a mile give or take a minute
Gotcha

I don’t want to compromise. Most of our shooting is 1000 yds and in.

Thanks

I'm using 20 moa rail and 20 moa mount on my rifle and have 31.7 mils of adjustment with a 100m zero.
Which is way more than i need but that's the mount i had before i bought the rifle so...

I have a 6.5 Creedmoor AR10 with a 22" barrel that gets me to a mile at 21 mils. I have 21.4 available using a 20moa base.

My friends 6.5 took 28 mils yesterday and he's running reloads that are 100 fps faster than my factory 140 eld's. So I need in the high 20's elevation.

I debated on the era tac but going with the spur 6 mil/20.6 moa. I don't have anywhere to shoot over a mile and we won't do it all the time. It's not part of our regular range to 1000. We have to travel to it and part of the year will only be accessible by a ranger or 4 wheeler.

I see the spuhr only comes in 1.5 inch height with that cant but they have two different lengths. Any idea which length I need for a 7-35?

that doesnt seem right
I've got two of them set up on 60 moa mounts and they both have 100 yard zeros. I have just over 35 mils of elevation adjustment set up this way.
IMG_20190809_160633017.jpg

IMG_20190615_135513542.jpg

I've got two of them set up on 60 moa mounts and they both have 100 yard zeros. I have just over 35 mils of elevation adjustment set up this way.View attachment 7137302
View attachment 7137303
Will this be ok having it in the bottom or top 5% of elevation travel? I found a 9 mil that should get me my elevation without holding over.

I thought I read that on the forum to stay out of the top and bottom 5%. I might be wrong though.

Thanks

I haven't noticed any issues. I just finished shooting 150 rounds of 5 shot groups at 100 yards while fire forming my new brass.

My friends 6.5 took 28 mils yesterday and he's running reloads that are 100 fps faster than my factory 140 eld's. So I need in the high 20's elevation.

I debated on the era tac but going with the spur 6 mil/20.6 moa. I don't have anywhere to shoot over a mile and we won't do it all the time. It's not part of our regular range to 1000. We have to travel to it and part of the year will only be accessible by a ranger or 4 wheeler.

I see the spuhr only comes in 1.5 inch height with that cant but they have two different lengths. Any idea which length I need for a 7-35?

my 260 requires 21-26 Mils for a mile I can dial 22.5 with a 30 moa rail and holding a few Mils is not an issue.