• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce ATACR 1-8 FFP the best LPVO?

Sending Pews

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2020
I know the title is a little subjective. But I’m trying to find a really nice LPVO that is robust with excellent glass, reticle, and great daytime illumination. I hear from people that the ATACR doesn’t have the best illuminator is that true? I have not had the opportunity to look through one yet but I am very interested to hear your thoughts on this optic.

Illumination in daylight is better than a Mk6 1-6 and Steiner 1-4, 1-8 I have used.

I was definitely considering the RG3. I know they both have pros and cons. Money isn’t too much of an issue for me I’ve been saving up for a nice LPVO. Is the glass about the same between the two? 9 hole reviews was really doggin on the ATACR and it seemed in his tone it was a cost issue that it’s overpriced for the money or something