• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce ATACR 1-8 focus question

pathell

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2011
AZ
I just picked up a new 1-8 ATACR with the fc-dmx reticle and I’m experiencing some issues with focus out of the box. The diopter is set correctly and the reticle is crisp and clear. The issue is when on 8x, and holding below the 5mil line everything I’m looking at is super blurry, and it’s blurry all around, top to bottom, side to side. If I hold above the 5mil line, the image is clear.

Has anybody experienced anything similar?

I don't know about that scope; but if you back off the mag just a scooch. Like you have bottomed out at 8x and then turn just a cunt hair off 8x. That might solve your issue. I've had that happen on some other lower tier scopes.
Given that the parallax is fixed at 125 yards. Maybe that .5 around the center of the reticle is your cone of usable clear magnification.
Don't know...
Those with more knowledge are sure to chim in.

I just picked up a new 1-8 ATACR with the fc-dmx reticle and I’m experiencing some issues with focus out of the box. The diopter is set correctly and the reticle is crisp and clear. The issue is when on 8x, and holding below the 5mil line everything I’m looking at is super blurry, and it’s blurry all around, top to bottom, side to side. If I hold above the 5mil line, the image is clear.

Has anybody experienced anything similar?
The ATACR diopter adjustment rotates with magnification change, right?

Have you tried setting your diopter at max magnification? 1x might not be as flat, but I’d wager that would fix the 8x. Or maybe set diopter at 4x and compromise at the top and bottom.

The ATACR diopter adjustment rotates with magnification change, right?

Have you tried setting your diopter at max magnification? 1x might not be as flat, but I’d wager that would fix the 8x. Or maybe set diopter at 4x and compromise at the top and bottom.

The Diopter might ROTATE with the Magnification, but it doesn't change. At least mine doesn't.

Reactions: PappyM3
Just to understand,

At max magnification, everything below the 5mil line is blurry?

Screenshot_20230214-004328_Strelok Pro.jpg

Thanks for the replies!
Diopter was set at max magnification and the lock ring isn’t loose.

It’s blurry at th 5 mil line the whole circumference of the glass, only the center is clear.

I’ll try bumping it off a hair at 8x and then adjusting the diopter at 4x and see what happens. I’ll also shoot Nightforce an email.

Thanks for the replies!
Diopter was set at max magnification and the lock ring isn’t loose.

It’s blurry at th 5 mil line the whole circumference of the glass, only the center is clear.

I’ll try bumping it off a hair at 8x and then adjusting the diopter at 4x and see what happens. I’ll also shoot Nightforce an email.
Tracking now.

Yeah that doesn't seem normal. If it goes away when you back off magnification then I have no idea. If it's constantly like that either something isn't set right, or there's issues with the lenses.