• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightforce ATACR 4-20x50 request

Maliclipse

Król
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2017
Argyle, TX
Can someone with a ATACR 4-20 do me a favor and take a picture through the scope for me?

I'd like to see if NF improved the amount of image versus scope shadow (ie filling up the eyebox).

Thank you!

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
Can someone with a ATACR 4-20 do me a favor and take a picture through the scope for me?

I'd like to see if NF improved the amount of image versus scope shadow (ie filling up the eyebox).

Thank you!
Are you talking about the tightness of the eyebox? How much shading occurs on the edges when you look through it?

To my eyes, the ATACR has a lot of black around the circumference. You see a lot of scope tube frame versus a nice edge to edge glass site picture. But thats still different than the shading you see as your eye moves about in the exit pupil.

Every ATACR I use is impressive. I think I like the high mag and the LOVO the best. Nothing Beats 1-8X fir eyebox and the 7-35 is in a class by itself. But 4-29 and 5-25 Amos have their place. 😃

Those of you who have the 4-20 F1 ATACR, how many mils of the reticle show at 20x? I’m lookig at the FOV specs and the NX8 seems to have a wider FOV- 2.3m vs 2.0m