• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce ATACR F1 4-16x42 ... Now comes with an interesting tool!

MSTN

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
MIDDLE OF ARIZONA
mstn.biz
This may be my favorite product that Nightforce makes. I had to grab another one of these for my own use. Shown here on a 6.5 Grendel in a Spuhr SP-4026 mount:

IMG_6456.jpg

Check out the handy tool that Nightforce is including with this scope:

IMG_3755.JPG

I didnt receive one either, wonder if NF could accomodate me on one of those handy dandy tools.. I absolutely love my 4-16 F1, great little optic with great glass and love the zero set elevation turret.

How is the cheek weld with that low of a mount? I'm used to 1.5"ish tall ar mounts.

The axis of the iron sights on an AR' are I believe 1.4" - 1.5" above the top rail, so a 1.5"-ish tall mount such as yours is pretty much a benchmark. It's also close to ideal when used with a clip-on night vision device. Often referred to as an "absolute" co-witness height for red dot sights, it's my preference with a sight fired from a more or less erect posture or stance.

IMG_6278.jpg

The Spuhr SP-3026 mount, at 1.26" high, was created specifically for the Noveske shooting team. It works well for me, but especially well when shooting from the prone position. It admittedly does require a "harder" cheek weld when shooting from standing, but I can easily accommodate that. With this being a precision rifle, having a solid cheek weld when shooting from prone is of primary importance to me. Shooting from the prone with a 1.5" high optic totally destroys my cheek weld.

IMG_6252.jpg

This may be my favorite product that Nightforce makes. I had to grab another one of these for my own use. Shown here on a 6.5 Grendel in a Spuhr SP-4026 mount:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/photos.imageevent.com\/mstn\/65grendelbuilds\/huge\/IMG_6456.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Check out the handy tool that Nightforce is including with this scope:

Nice set up and looking good !