• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce Atacr

DDoug

Private
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2012
So Is there any reason not to get the 7x35 over the 5x25? I know the 5x25 cost a little less but other than that is there anything I’m missing. I will be getting one or the other with the mil-c reticle. I’m leaning toward the 7x35 but just curious what the better scope?

I have both and have compared them side by side. The difference in resolution at 25 on the 5-25 and 25 on the 7-35 are minuscule imho. All were purchased in the last 2 years if that makes any difference. However, that extra 10 power on the 7-35 is very nice for shooting groups and using it as a spotter. Both are excellent optics and the difference in size/weight is negligible. If price is not a factor, 7-35 is a great thing. However, the 5-25 will do just about anything you'll ever need.

Reactions: Ericsl2
Thanks fellas sounds like I’ll be getting the 7x35. How much different is the fov between the two.

I will say also that I have a Delta Stryker 4.5-30, and had an SWFA 5-20 HD before it as well as some other optics that topped out at 25x. Being able to go to 27x-30x is actually a really nice increase in magnification over 25x. I think with a 56mm objective, anything over 30x would make for a really tight eyebox. But up to 30x on my Stryker is just fantastic glass and I've used the 5-25 ATACR enough to believe that the 7-35 glass at 30x would be a really nice feature on a scope for me. The ZCO going to 27x is a nice middle ground between 25x and 30x. For my shooting, except when mirage is bad, the extra mag really is a noticeable bonus.

Don't intend to derail your thread.. but out of curiosity I wonder why most of the KO2M guys stick with 5-25?
Any Opinions?

I recently had a 5X25, sold it and purchased the 7X35. So far I am extremely happy with the 7X35. I moved up to the 7X35 because i wanted to try the Mil-XT reticle and thought if I'm buying another scope might as well go with the 7X35.

you could try and find one for sale in the xp if you really want one or that guy from camera land that post in here maybe getting a really good deal , good luck

Don't intend to derail your thread.. but out of curiosity I wonder why most of the KO2M guys stick with 5-25?
Any Opinions?

The 5-25 has a little more travel, and if mirage is bad x35 is quite useless. Though personally if I was buying today I would get the 7-35 for sure, I do love my gen 1 5-25 though.

Just purchased a 7-35 MilXt myself. I got a Razor but could not stop wanting to upgrade to the NF. Hope to enjoy it soon. Had a 5-25 last year and I always regretted selling it with a rifle.