• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce Awarded Military Sniper Scope Contract

Lindy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2003
Rifles Only
www.arcanamavens.com
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nightforce, Inc. in Orofino, Idaho, was awarded a $25.8 million firm-fixed-price contract for its family of dayscopes, with accompanying service for spares, repairs and upgrades. These scope sights will be used by special forces and snipers in the US Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps. Work will be performed in Orofino, ID, and is expected to be complete by April 2015. This contract was competitively procured and solicited via the Federal Business Opportunities Web site, with 1 offer received by the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Crane, IN (N00164-10-D-JQ23).</div></div>

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/258-Million-for-Nightforce-Sniper-Dayscopes-06382/

Re: Nightforce Awarded Military Sniper Scope Contract

Marine Snipers as well...Wonder what this means for all those pretty S&B's and Premier?

Josh

I'll stick with my S&B...One of the perks of being a civilian.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Marine Snipers as well...Wonder what this means for all those pretty S&B's and Premier?

Josh </div></div>

I believe they are probably talking about the MarSOC guys, not your typical 0317/8541 in a grunt unit

So much for Uncle choosing the "cheapest" alternative.....:thumbsup:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beck.jamie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some how I think even the MarSOC will still want the S&B.

Jamie </div></div>

Id bet you might be wrong
wink.gif

Re: Nightforce Awarded Military Sniper Scope Contr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Marine Snipers as well...Wonder what this means for all those pretty S&B's and Premier?

Josh </div></div>

I believe they are probably talking about the MarSOC guys, not your typical 0317/8541 in a grunt unit </div></div>

Deadly,

That's what I was thinking as well, but they seem to divide the SO guys out within the wording. However, I just sat through a military contracting class (I'm a surface navy guy myself) and it made me wonder how anything gets done properly with the way some things are written. I believe you are probably correct...guess we'll see.

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"...with 1 offer received by the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Crane, IN (N00164-10-D-JQ23)."

Zero Competition or Purchase from NF? It appears to be zero competition unless I am reading it wrong </div></div>

Only one company bid on the contract.

Alan

Interesting-I wonder what product(s) from Nightforce they will be using and who will be getting their hands on them. I also wonder if this contract is intended to replace the S&B's or if its going to be a mixed bag? Nightforces aren't cheap...cheaper than S&B but 25 mil $$ even with R/R included still gets you an aweful lot of optics. I bet on a FFP with zero stop......wonder what mag.......or maybe a variety?? Don't tell me the military will let professional walk through the gear locker and pull what they want off of the shelves?? That would be great if they did.

I'm sure with the Fed/gubment, the contracts change as payolla and other favors change hands. I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with performance. I do however own a NF and I understand the attraction, (I have also owned SB PMII series). Seems like a good choice but you would have to see the spec requirements to have all the info, which of course isn't public domain, or is it?

Good scopes, good deal.

As far as the only company to bid on it, I wonder if some of the other companies had their hands full at the time of release of this contract? It can get pretty expensive spooling and tooling up to build defense quality material. A lot of companies have gone broke doing it.

The guy that did it best was Howard Hughes, not that he should be liked. He ended up being the largest military contractor during the Viet Nam War. But the only front-line aircraft his company ever produced was the OH-6. He did it by building missiles and electronics and parts of systems. Never the main piece of equipment out for bid.

They (Crane) has been using NF on everything from the MK12 to the Mk13 for quite some time this is nothing new.

The use the 2.5-10x on the Mk12s, they use 1-4X in some cases, as well they use F1 3-15X w/ special mil dot reticles and 1 MOA adjusting turrets

it's been this way for a while now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: laylowlong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Uncle Sugar strikes again.... got his own print'n press. </div></div>

+1

Sounds like a Good deal ......... Will just make it harder for civilians to get the NF products, and service in a reasonable time frame.

Great! So if I lose my issue NF scope it'll cost me $4,000+.

What will be the wait time for new scopes now?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 303_enfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great! So if I lose my issue NF scope it'll cost me $4,000+.

What will be the wait time for new scopes now? </div></div>

I am guessing wait times won't change any, they have had a similar Gov contract for the last five years.

Alan

I swear, you guys should pursue careers as soap-opera writers. You take any grain of sand and piss and moan about it as if it were lodged in your vagina while at the same time discussing the global implications as if it were the rock of Gibraltar. Not everything is the end of the world. In fact, up till now it seems that NOTHING has been the end of the world.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadeye351</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like a Good deal ......... Will just make it harder for civilians to get the NF products, and service in a reasonable time frame. </div></div>

You guys are all retarded thinking that NF will have longer wait times. Like AJ said they have had a contract with SOCOM for a while now.

Because the specs were written for Nightforce, I think we got a good deal and our troops got good scopes.

427Cobra,

Is that avatar your new finger-puppet? I had to say I liked the 37 a little better....just sayin'.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">427Cobra,

Is that avatar your new finger-puppet? I had to say I liked the 37 a little better....just sayin'.
grin.gif
</div></div>

that's the puppet from the I Like Bukakke YouTube video

I like bukakke

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Retoocs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So does this contract have a buy American Clause? </div></div>

That hasn't been given any real attention for a long time.