• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce base mounting problems :(

Deo

Private
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2010
So i'm mounting my NF base, and two problems occur. One, I get 4 large screws and 2 small screws. Now since I can't find any instructions on the NF bases, and the Badgers seem almost identical, i'm using theirs. So BO says to use two large ones for the rear, and 1 large and 1 small for the front with the small being at the very front. Well when I use a large screw on the second slot I can't open or close the bolt. when I tried I noticed screw marks on the locking lugs. Is it ok if I use the other small screw for that second screw hole?

Second problem. When checking with my feeler gauge to see if I need to bed the base, it tells me both ends need bedding. I torqued one down and tried the feeler on the one end, it goes in, did the same on the other end and it goes in. Any suggestions?

Re: Nightforce base mounting problems :(

The short screws go in the front and the longer ones in the back. I’m not sure what to tell you on the bedding the base I do not recommend doing it.

Mike @ CS TACTICAL.com

Re: Nightforce base mounting problems :(

Thanks Mike. I think I'm having that screw problem because the base is canted, sorry for another noob question :p It's my first precision rifle. As for bedding, I figure i'd only do that if accuracy starts to go down hill.