• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CSTactical

Sniper's Hide Vendor
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 18, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    www.cstactical.com
    Nightforce BEAST
    Reticle options: MIL-R, H59, TREMOR2, MOAR

Link to the Nightforce BEAST
    10155631_704926256216557_248081266_n.jpg

The Nightforce BEAST elevation turret system in ½ MOA and ¼ MOA precision elevation lever. Notice the Brake Control knob on the top, this locks the turret from moving.
    10176171_704929079549608_636541145_n.jpg

The Nightforce BEAST elevation turret system in 0.2 MRAD and 0.1 MRAD precision elevation lever.
    10007533_704930606216122_1024586194_n.jpg

The Nightforce BEAST wind-age shown is in 1/4MOA, the MRAD units wind-age is 0.10 MILS. The red push button looks the turret at the 0 mark to adjust push the button in and make your corrections.
    1525738_704932056215977_1402064665_n.jpg

The Nightforce BEAST push button illumination, push the button to adjust the brightness, hold the button down to change from green to red illumination.
    1660351_704934789549037_743272461_n.jpg

Mike @ CSTACTICAL

Last edited:
    One of these came thru our shop today and got to finger and eye bang it looking thru our warehouse. This is the most impressive scope I have ever touched. Any of you guys that has the coin to get one you will NOT be disappointed.

That looks amazing!!! Wish I could swing one. But I am sure they are all spoken for.

wow, a locking wind turret!!! now thats a good idea...id much rather have that than a locking elevation turret...

Not sure what "lower profile" means or why you need it, but I believe there is talk about having one without the brake.

Will they leave it .2 mil increments or do you think they will go to a traditional .10 mil adjustment for the brakeless version?

In the first picture your elevation turret is so high it's about to hit the ceiling fan. Haha just kidding, nice looking rig.

They wouldn't be able to keep an ATACR on the shelves if it was FFP. Thing would be backordered forever.

I like the overall beast design. I think the brake, however, is a solution looking for a problem. In my experience, Nightforce knobs have been stiff enough I wouldn't worry about them getting shifted.

I'm no expert by any means. I've only been able to fire a few rounds with mine and love it. Planning to do some long range shooting very soon, longer than 100 yards. Here is my first few shoots with it at 100yrds.

IMG_2673.jpg

Since the BEAST has been unleashed???? I'm not hearing all the LOVE I expected. What gives? Competition?

I don't think there are many out there for comparison yet. I have one and really like it; glass is spectacular, easy to set up, easy to read and change the turrets while behind the gun, built like a tank. If I had to nitpick only thing I'm not fond of is the location of the windage push button, IMO it should have been placed at the 10-11 o'clock position rather than the 9.

Mike at CS Tactical will take care of you for all your NF needs.

I've got a m2d... It has some nice features. I wish the windage lock feature was utilized on the elevation knob (I'm not a huge fan of the brake adjustment). My only other complaint is lack of visibility of the magnification markings due to the lock ring. It's also a pain in the ass to run the supplied caps, as the user must move the cover back to the 9 o'clock so it doesn't interfere with the bolt or obscure your turrets.

Otherwise, the glass is as good or better then my S&B (parallax down to 50m as opposed to 10m like the S&B) adjustments feel spot on and the throw lever is actually a very simple feature to use.

I haven't heard anyone say the optics are better then S B??
    You really think optically it is clearer, more vibrant then S B?

In my eyes, yes... slightly more pop. That doesn't make it the clear winner in my eyes but NF has certainly stepped up their glass. I'm proud to see an American company run with European glass.

this scope is everything its "hyped" up to be and then some- it has glass that will make you say wow and all the features like positive clicks, durability etc... that nightforce is known for... don't hesitate on buying one for a second.
    if you did a side by side with a s&b you may be suprised which one you though was the s&b.

Not exactly. There is only one inch of relief between the 4 inch and 5 inch spacing from the rear of the scope. I wish it was more forgiving and like my F1. This is not a scope for quick point and shoot by no means.

That's easy, just put a nf unimount on it.
    You'll never put ring marks on the scope and the return to zero for me was .1 mil left. Quite impressive.

Would rather have the .1-.2 mil lever deleted vs. having the brake deleted, but that's just me....

The BEAST is a high resolution monster

Picked up mine from Mike on Monday night. I glassed the valley for 45 minutes after sunrise on Tuesday. No fatigue. I spotted an adult turkey hen at the tree line and ranged her with the inverted T @0.9 mils. I use 115 cm for an adult turkey's height. (115/0.9) *10 = 1277 meters! NFW...I could see the turkey's markings and color? Google earth measurement from my house to the tree line was 1272 meters. I guess it must have a big turkey?

I also found that I could use the .1 mil lever to set my exact zero. I only moved it ~1/4 of the full travel and then set the zero. That's the first time. I was able to set a perfect zero. Very nice.

Cheers,

Picked up mine from Mike on Monday night. I glassed the valley for 45 minutes after sunrise on Tuesday. No fatigue. I spotted an adult turkey hen at the tree line and ranged her with the inverted T @0.9 mils. I use 115 cm for an adult turkey's height. (115/0.9) *10 = 1277 meters! NFW...I could see the turkey's markings and color? Google earth measurement from my house to the tree line was 1272 meters. I guess it must have a big turkey?

I also found that I could use the .1 mil lever to set my exact zero. I only moved it ~1/4 of the full travel and then set the zero. That's the first time. I was able to set a perfect zero. Very nice.

Cheers,

Thanks for the great feedback.