• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce Benchrest 8-32 Question

Midwest Optics

Owner Midwest Optics
Minuteman
May 2, 2019
US
midwestoptics.net
So I sold one of these on Ebay. The buyer recived it in the mail just over 3 weeks ago and even left positve feedback

Fast forward to today and I get a message saying it was damaged in transit even though he didn't message me for 3 weeks and say anything saying he was just going to put rubber caps on it anyway but he was just finally able to get to the range yesterday and the tracking is off by over 2 feet horizontal and 1 foot vertical. He sent me a pic and the damage is very slight. Obviously I dont think this was done in transit and he probably did it otherwise he would have told me right away and even if it was done in transit insurance isn't going to cover it since it was delivered 3 weeks ago

My question is does his claim of being off by two fee horizontal and a foot vertical seem legitimate or is he just not happy with the scope and probably trying to get a refund? And if it is indeed damaged and affects the scope functionally how is Nightforce warranty if i was to have to send this in?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20201224_100039.jpg
    20201224_100039.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 40
If it took 3 weeks to say it was damaged in transit then that's all on him.
Especially if that means the insurance is no longer valid.

As far as tracking being 2 feet off, that means nothing.
2 feet how, what distance, what has he dialed?

If it worked fine for you then they are probably just a cabbage, and either broke it themselves or more likely are just clueless to what they are doing.