• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes nightforce compact as a tactical scope

blacklable

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2009
michigan
Im lookin at a 2.5-10 compact as a scope for my remington 700 for 100 to about 1000 yards.

thanks in advance

-Mike

Re: nightforce compact as a tactical scope

I have the 2.5-10 x 24 and the field of view if very narrow at 500 yards for me. I would look to the 2.5-10 x 32 at a minimum but not sure you'll be happy to that range.

J~

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blacklable</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im lookin at a 2.5-10 compact as a scope for my remington 700 for 100 to about 1000 yards.

thanks in advance

-Mike</div></div>

Whatcha' going to be shooting with it? Tiny targets at 500yds plus and you'll likely want more magnification. MOA targets and larger and the NF 2.5-10x32 would probably be a good choice.

If you are looking at also using it as a hunting setup then this would be a great way to go but if you are going to be doing more Tactical shooting and 1k shooting I would recommend the 3.5-15x50mm.

The NF 2.5-10x24mm and 32mm are great scopes and are extremely well made. If you are looking for a 10x scope I would also recommend looking at the USO ST10s.

Mike @ CST

I have a 2.5x10-32 on my 300 WM hunting rifle. No problem shooting MOA targets out to 700 yards, but a little more magnification would be nice beyond that. Wish Nightforce 3.5x15 weighed less, as that would be my first choice for a hunting rig.

I recently set up my AICS with a 2.5X10X24 Nightforce compact, I anticipate shooting predators out to a max of 500yrds.Following along with most of the comments in this thread, I made a good choice going with the 2.5X10X24? I also have the 1X4, but I think this is better suited for the AR or SCAR platform.
006.jpg

007.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mildot326</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recently set up my AICS with a 2.5X10X24 Nightforce compact, I anticipate shooting predators out to a max of 500yrds.Following along with most of the comments in this thread, I made a good choice going with the 2.5X10X24? I also have the 1X4, but I think this is better suited for the AR or SCAR platform. </div></div>

Used my 2.5-10x32 to shoot a baby fox the other day at 575 with a POF223, so I think your scope will be fine for shooting predators. I had no problem identifying and shooting the fox. Clear glass is better than more magnification.

-dan

I plan on using the rifle as a tactical set up but will probably take it hunting a couple of times. But I would like a scope that I could use out to 1k with a mil dot. Thanks in advance

-Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blacklable</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I plan on using the rifle as a tactical set up but will probably take it hunting a couple of times. But I would like a scope that I could use out to 1k with a mil dot. Thanks in advance

-Mike </div></div>

Mike, I started a thread on the nightforce 2.5-10. I too want to use it on my Rem 700 .308 and my AR, so I thought that this would be a great optic for both rifles... Hope this helps.

NF 2.5-10