• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce Compact- Mushy turrets?

lennyo3034

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2010
USA
I recently acquired a new Nightforce Compact 2.5-10X32 with zerostops. The turrets however feel completely different from other nightforces I've tried. Instead of the solid tactile feel, it was very mushy. I could actually stop the turn half way between clicks quite easily. I tried a Compact without zero stops (capped turrets) and it felt solid like the other nightforces.

Did I get a bad scope, or is this how the compact model with zerostops is supposed to feel?

Re: Nightforce Compact- Mushy turrets?

I had one that felt the same as you describe. Sent it back and they fixed it. Door to door in two weeks. Only bummer was that I was out the shipping and insurance to NF.

I don't have the paperwork with me, but it said something like "adjust turret torque" under the work completed section.

Send it back. They had mine back to me in 8 days.

Check to be sure that the small set screws on the turret are snug . I had one that felt mushy and it turned out the little set screw was not quiet tight enough.It is a simple thing to check before having to send the scope to nightforce.

Adjustments should have good tactile click feel. While they will never feel as positive as the full size NXS, they should be very discernible when you adjust. It is an easy fix once they have it in their possession. Call CS on Monday and get an RMA for return.

I'd check the screws first and then send it back...