• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce f1 3.5x15 or premier 3x15x50

Re: Nightforce f1 3.5x15 or premier 3x15x50

I have not owned any nice glass except for my NXS F1 but I have shot through some really nice glass.

I'm not poor but Im not rich either. With that being said I chose the F1 over a Premier I was looking at the time and Im glad I did.

The F1 does not give up much to the Premier, at least for my needs and I used the money I saved to put towards other stuff for my build, like bi-pod, sling, and shooting accesories.

Though not the exact same models, I own both brands mentioned. Premier is better glass to my eyes. I like the Gen2 XR reticle.

I've owned both. I like the F1's MLR 2 reticle better than the Premier's Mil dot reticle, but overall, I would rather own the Premier 3-15. You should also take a look at the Vortex Razor Mil/Mil (though it's a 5-20, not a 3-15). I actually like operating it at the range better than both the Premier and the F1. That being said, I'm itching to give the Premier light tactical a try.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Retterath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't decide on the Nxs f1 3.5x15x50 FFP with MLR 2 or the Premier 3x15x50 gen 2 mil dot FFP. </div></div>

If you have not read this yet:

High End tactical Scopes Part II

It is a good review of both the Premier and NF F1, among other high end scopes, well worth the read.

Bob

I had that Premier and sold it to buy that NF, and I'd do it again.

IMHO, the things the premier have against it relative to the NF are:

it's heavy,
it's stiff,
it's clicks are poor and too close together,
I found parallax relatively difficult to get dialed in
I don't trust the level lock turrets (not since they fucked me @ a match),
it's got indistinct edges around the image (almost as if you've got poor head position and/or eye relief)
That ring around the objective bell forces you to mount it 1/4" higher than otherwise necessary
it's overpriced

In it's favor, it does have more total elevation travel than the NF.

I have since switched from the NF to the March tactical, and I'm even happier.

I don't own a premier but two NF scopes, one has the mlr2 reticle. Excellent scope all around, wish they ahd their higher power FFP model out, I'd buy one of those also. I have never been super impressed with the Razor. I have shot the Razors and the S&B scopes, dollar for dollar NF unless you are going German.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Retterath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't decide on the Nxs f1 3.5x15x50 FFP with MLR 2 or the Premier 3x15x50 gen 2 mil dot FFP. </div></div>

If you have not read this yet:

High End tactical Scopes Part II

It is a good review of both the Premier and NF F1, among other high end scopes, well worth the read.

Bob </div></div>

Damn, I started reading this at work and realized i've been reading for 20 mins... and i was only halfway through. I'll have to save this for a different time. +1 on this article and review of high-end scopes!

I've never noticed the problems mentioned with the Premier but I'd go with the Light Tactical model unless you really can use the extra elevation. There aren't many .308 rounds or barrels that will be useful much beyond 1000 yards, for example.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azimutha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've never noticed the problems mentioned with the Premier but I'd go with the Light Tactical model unless you really can use the extra elevation. There aren't many .308 rounds or barrels that will be useful much beyond 1000 yards, for example.</div></div>

Indeed it's possible that, had it been available when I bought mine, I would have been much happier with the light tactical version of the premier.

Thanks for all the help that really gives me a betted idea, I'm going to look through a premier this weekend and also look at some other scopes but I'm leaning towards the nf.

I really like both scopes.

The NF F1 MLR2 is an outstanding reticle, their Hi-Speed 10MRAD turret is very nice also. I have one here that I have mounted to do a review on.

Nightforce New MLR2 Reticle Review.

The Premier LT is really nice also. The GENII-XR is great for holdover shots and shooting small targets. At lower power it is a little hard to pick up fast. I personally prefer the GENII for this scope for the seep aspect. The GENII is a little thicker on the outer portion of the RET but the center of the RET is a little thinner making it fast at low power and usable for smaller targets. The turret I the PR LT is only 6 MRADs per Rev and is very low profile. The Glass in the NF F1 is nice but I feel the glass in the Premier is noticeably better.

As for the full size Premier I really like them also. I’m not a fan of the 22 MRAD turret I would stay away for that option. I have been running a 5-25x56mm for a few years (so fair no issues) was running a 3-15x50mm for a little while but now I have a PR LT and I love it.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3ZsBpuuKW7I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r_LQkE0VHFE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have the F1 with the LV5 reticle. I have been using it for shooting paper and steel at known distances. If this is what you will use it for, maybe you would be better off with the NXS and NPR1. I think that would have been better for me on this gun.

As to the manufacturer....Nightforce has been extremely helpful in in every way.

Ratbert echoes my Premier vs Nightforce F1 experience almost exactly. I dumped my two Premiers to get NF f1's and have no regrets.

Get the NF F1 with MLR2 And never look back!(preferably the newer version of the MLR2, it is called MLR2.0 and it is a worthwhile improvement!).

I have not owned a F1, but based on my experiences with the PH and having owned several NXS, I would pick PH everytime if money wasn't the deciding factor. Of course, the Gen 2 reticle may be my favorite of all time and I like the PH knobs.

Re: Nightforce f1 3.5-15 or premier 3-15x50

Not really a totally relevant thing, but it seems like the NF holds its value better than the Premier on the used scope market? Just been watching anecdotally in the FS forum and I watched for a few months before I bought a Premier 3-15Mil-Dot. Not really meant as investment advice, but more what the market might think of the two scopes.

I don't regret the Premier, but I haven't looked thru a F1 for comparo.

NF F1 for the durability over the PH.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFComfort</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NF F1 for the durability over the PH. </div></div>
For comparison, what are the failure rates of the two? Have you had a PH that failed and a F1 that didn't?

Is the glass in the f1 supposedly better than the NSX? I have an NSX but never looked through an f1 and am j/w..

That NF scope will take you a long time to get, if your going to need it anytime this Fall, well. The MLR2 is the issue. Long as in months and months and months...

I can't offer any opinion or insight on the Premier, but I have been using NF F1's for awhile. I got a very early one, and was very pleased with it....until somebody new to the sport wanted to buy my old TRG as a complete package including my F1. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse.....so I got a new TRG( one the Eurooptic .260's) and ordered a new F1, this time with the new MLR2.

Not only do I like the new reticle MUCH better than the Mildot in my old F1, I find that the new HiSpeed knobs are great. You won't be unhappy with the NF F1
wink.gif