• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightforce flip caps/covers

Do you use the flip-up caps/covers?

• Yes

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • NF Sucks

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Scope Coat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tex68w

Mister Bevilaqua
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 10, 2017
    How many of you with NF optics actually use the flip-up caps/covers?

I do

But only the Tenebraex or similar. Helps that the covers rotate easily for the rotating ocular if your running atacr’s

I use the Tenebraex front flip caps and Monstrum rear flip caps on my ATACRs, regular Butler Creek flip ups on my NXS and NXS compact scopes. No issues over the years, the turning ocular doesn't bother me as much as it does some others.

I don't like the Tenebraex rear flip cover, the cap always came off too easy.

Reactions: tex68w and Wheezy
    Tenebraex front, and an old pos cap from a nikon plastic thing from an old cheap 22lr scope with an elastic band around the top turret to hold it on for the eye piece. I can't stand the flip caps when turning ocular especially when it rotates in front of my level. I wish Pelican would make these for scopes! https://pelicanoutdoor.com/products/camera-lens-cover-stealth-black

edit: just looked at the poll and had never seen the scope coats. Just ordered one.

Tenebraex front, and an old pos cap from a nikon plastic thing from an old cheap 22lr scope with an elastic band around the top turret to hold it on for the eye piece. I can't stand the flip caps when turning ocular especially when it rotates in front of my level. I wish Pelican would make these for scopes! https://pelicanoutdoor.com/products/camera-lens-cover-stealth-black

edit: just looked at the poll and had never seen the scope coats. Just ordered one.
    I like photography and have never seen those. Pretty cool!

Maybe google Round Vinyl End Cap. This site has them up to 120mm, so there should be one that works.

Reactions: Wheezy
    I have used Butler Creek rubber flip caps for as long as I can remeber. I do not have a scope that does not have them on it. They have always worked great for me in any weather. I think they also have some that have a lens on the cap so that you do not have to flip them up for use. I have never used that type but if they work half as well as the normal ones they should be great.

Reactions: tex68w
    I have used Butler Creek rubber flip caps for as long as I can remeber. I do not have a scope that does not have them on it. They have always worked great for me in any weather. I think they also have some that have a lens on the cap so that you do not have to flip them up for use. I have never used that type but if they work half as well as the normal ones they should be great.
    Butlers work great. But not on the rotating ocular imho

MK Machining scope caps are far superior in my opinion to the Tenebraex caps that come with the NF Scopes. I have switched all of my scope caps to these.

T

Reactions: tex68w