• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce illumination adjustment question

groovinpickle

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2010
Mississippi
I called NF but all of their tech folks are at SHOT. This question seems simple enough, but I couldn't find an answer in the manual or on the internets. This is on a 2.5-10x24 Compact NXS.

I count twelve clicks on the illumination adjustment. The first nine are obvious: there are apparent changes to the illumination through each. The ninth is the circle with an electrical bolt through it, and this seems to be the "off" position (it's where the dial was when I received it). But the two beyond it, a half-filled circle and a quarter-filled circle have me stumped. What are these settings for?

nf-illumination_adj.jpg

Re: Nightforce illumination adjustment question

i would assume thats a picture showing the brightness setting of the reticle, maybe something along the lines of 1/2 Full moon use this, 1/4 moon use this. Just a guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i would assume thats a picture showing the brightness setting of the reticle, maybe something along the lines of 1/2 Full moon use this, 1/4 moon use this. Just a guess. </div></div>

And the lightning bolt symbol is what you use during an electric storm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exhogflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i would assume thats a picture showing the brightness setting of the reticle, maybe something along the lines of 1/2 Full moon use this, 1/4 moon use this. Just a guess. </div></div>

And the lightning bolt symbol is what you use during an electric storm. </div></div>

LMAO, actually-maybe for a BATTERY CHECK.
confused.gif

I could be wrong, but I believe it's a night vision safe setting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cjgemm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could be wrong, but I believe it's a night vision safe setting. </div></div>
That would make sense; I guess I was just thinking that I'd be able to see <span style="font-style: italic">some</span> level of illumination when looking through the scope in a totally dark room when it's one one of those settings. But I was wrong once before...