• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce Made In China ??

PistonPete

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2009
Somewhere in the desert S.W.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Leatherwood, They used to be great scopes. But they are now made in China. Nightforce is Chinese made too.</div></div>

i read this on another site.., just how true is this ? a lie ? misinformation ? the guy don't have a clue about what he is jacking his jaws about ?? i have done a search on Nightforce scopes and i can not find any reference for them to be made anywhere else but the good ole U.S.A.

Re: Nightforce Made In China ??

I'm sure there are fakes made in China, but the real ones aren't.

Where are the real ones made?

The compact series and F1 are made in the USA (Idaho) and the remainder come from Japan, but are serviced in Idaho.

That is my understanding.

The compacts and F1 are made in the USA. The others have enough parts made in Japan that they have to be marked that way, but even those scopes are assembeled in the USA.

What happened to Australia and LightforceUSA? Just curious, I hung up the long range thing for a few years and got out of the loop.

I've yet to understand the Nightfarce fascination.

Hard telling where they get the parts, assembled in Orofino, Idaho.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ninja</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glass is ground in China </div></div>

Where did you hear this?

It would be nice to get some definitive evidence to support the claims made in this thread other than errornet BS and gun store hearsay.

Has anyone actually called or written NF and asked them directly?

Like you can't Google Nightfarce and suit yourself via query?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ninja</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glass is ground in China </div></div>

FAIL...WRONG. NF glass is NOT (REPEAT NOT) Chinese.

If you doubt this...sent NF an e-mail and have them explain it to you.

Nightforce glass is, as far as I know produced in japan as are many high end photographic and medical optics. second to only the highest level of german glass. Now let's just say its made in china. Believe it or not china is capable of producing high end gear. Yes I said it, well made, world class stuff can come from china, we do need to understand that since we always get these debates about chinese crap. But understand most of what we see hear in the US is chinese crap because american companies litterly ask for the lowest bidder regardless of production technique, parts and materials or human rights issues.
Now is nightforce is using chinese glass, then they demanded higher quality standards because the resolution on my 5.5x22x56 is out of this world!

Say its not so !!!!

Do we make any F'ing thing anymore??????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Leatherwood, They used to be great scopes. But they are now made in China. Nightforce is Chinese made too.</div></div>

i read this on another site.., just how true is this ? a lie ? misinformation ? the guy don't have a clue about what he is jacking his jaws about ?? i have done a search on Nightforce scopes and i can not find any reference for them to be made anywhere else but the good ole U.S.A. </div></div>

I have talked with Kyle Brown at length about this and other things dealing with the nf scope. I know there are some components made in Japan , the glass being one (this is not bad , Jap. glass is some of the best that is why they use it) ALL the scopes are assembled and serviced in Idaho. If you have any doubt call them, they are some of the best people you will ever deal with all 35-40 of them!

Here's the deal with most glass made and assembled in the industry.

All the glass comes from a very few manufactures...Japan, Germany, a few other places.

The manufactures place their specs in to the companies. Top dollar scopes get and pay for the top 1-5% with all the polishing and coatings, these are Niteforce Leupold ect, Then next company down places their orders with less polish, a few less coatings = less $ this goes on down until yo get to Tasco, low end burris ect.

Glass is made by the experts who know the business the tube, parts and the final manufacuring is where the edge comes in. Quality control and expertise.

Nightforce produces good, solid optics at a good price from what I've seen, at this point I care more about end result from long term trials than where it began. If Nightforce happens to source from China, Sri Lanka, or any other country and can still offer a great product and stay in business due to lowered cost, all the power to them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OilyOwl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like you can't Google Nightfarce and suit yourself via query?

</div></div>

Yes I am totally helpless and must be spoon fed my information on some firearms forum. (rolls eyes)

See what I did there? It's called "begging the question" and while it is not strictly the most logical thing to do, sometimes it is necessary to show people the flaws in believing everything you read on the internet.

I called and spoke with a very friendly CSR who kindly informed me where all of the components of my NXS 3.5-15x50 were made and where the whole thing was assembled, purged, and tested.

But who am I? Maybe if you have doubt about their scopes any of you should call them yourselves.

Hardly a secret,that Nightfarce doesn't do anything for me.

well.., whatever !! i am still going for the NF 3.5-15X 50,

someone said they had one for sale but did not reply to my request for "is it sold yet" ??

NF is not an American company, nor is Toyota, even though they build trucks in the US, so why would you expect any aspect of MADE IN THE USA to be of importance?

They employ American workers, if you need USA comfort food in your purchase, you have that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: decodeddiesel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">See what I did there? <span style="font-weight: bold">It's called "begging the question" </span>and while it is not strictly the most logical thing to do, sometimes it is necessary to show people the flaws in believing everything you read on the internet. </div></div>

It's not. Read this and learn the proper usage.
http://begthequestion.info/

shocked.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well.., whatever !! i am still going for the NF 3.5-15X 50,

someone said they had one for sale but did not reply to my request for "is it sold yet" ?? </div></div>

It was listed as SPF right after I bought it Friday morning.

What does it matter where something is made?
Don't we have the performance of the product to judge?

30 years ago I bought a guitar that was made in Japan.
Friends thought I was crazy.
I would say, "Play this guitar. It's really good. It only cost half as much."
My friends were still disgusted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OilyOwl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hardly a secret,that Nightfarce doesn't do anything for me. </div></div>

you're one man among many.....
People will formulate their own opinions on gear.

Nightforce is quality optics for the money AND they are tough as nails. I'll take that any day.

You do realize that the author of this post is the Counter Sniper troll Piston Pete.

oilyowl probably works for Dark Ops holding as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NF is not made in China.

Why is it that people read something on a forum and treat it as irrefutable truth? </div></div>

That is some funny stuff right there.

This thread is killing me.......roflmao...
Keep these worthless,goofy ass,none knowing,unbelieaveable threads coming pp you defiantly a optics god......

On second thought........DON'T!!!!!!!Just keep posting on your c.s.line of scopes and let the rest of us who appreciate good optics worry about there place of manufacture......ok ENOUGH SAID........

Just picked up my NF 3.5-15x50 NXS today. All I can say is WOW!!! I am definetly satisfied after using my VX-3.

I dont care where its made. it is a quality product and a resonable price, but it is always a plus knowing that our dollars are going to an american company.

I don't understand what the point of this thread was! Was it to say that NF scopes are junk if they're made in China? Well we all know they are far from junk! Or, was it to say that we shouldn't spend our American dollars on them because they are made in China? Well if we didn't spend money on items that are not made in the USA then we wouldn't have very many items! So my point is......This thread is POINTLESS!!

Well...forgive me if I'm wrong but I believe it could be down to the lowest of the low in terms of selling techniques?

It's called "negative selling".

i.e If you can't think of anything good to say about your own product, say bad things about somebody else's...whether they are true or not!

Most Nightforce scopes are not assembled in the USA. In fact, most of their scopes come completely assembled from their maker in Japan. As mentioned, the compacts and the F1 are made in the USA. I do not know where the components are manufactured for those models but assume Japan especially with regard to the glass. Zero stops and some other select features are installed in Idaho as well as finial QC and inspection. It does appear to me that Nightforce wishes to be involved more with the manufacturing and control of their products. They have an outstanding source/maker in Japan doing the work to their high specifications.

As with any of us, if you wanted to make something the best that you could you would seek out those who could supply the quality that you wanted. This is no different than going to GAP to have a rifle built. If GAP was in Canada or Mexico would you not have them build you a rifle based on that?

I think the thing to remember is that some industries are pretty much related to regions of the world. All of us own cameras but know of us own cameras made in the USA. If you buy high-end audio or electronic equipment it usually comes from the same area as the cheap shit because that’s where the industry took hold. The thing to remember here is that most all of the scopes made today in the world come from Asia and that most companies in the states just market and spec the goods. Some don’t even design or play a role in the development. They just let their maker offer them new items. Companies like Nightforce play a very active role in the design of their product and therefore bring the end user meaningful innovation. Remember no one in Japan shoots or even has a clue. Hell most of the US companies don’t ever shoot the shit they make and to most of us that should be obvious.

Nightforce is doing it right and has an outstanding product made in a great facility. I have been buying and designing optics for the past twenty years and have come to understand the business at the high end as well as in the basement. As with anything, you get what you pay for.

yea, if you own a Chinese or Japanese or Korean made, NF scope and just found out its not made in the USA, now you have this grudge thing going on and you feel cheated, you cant let anyone know you have it after you bragged about it all this time, just let me know its for sale and i will take it off your hands. Remember you just found out its crap so make the price accordingly. If my NF scope is considered Chinese crap, let them continue thinking that way while they walk out in front of it at 1000K. Maybe I can see you clearly, maybe I cant!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If my NF scope is considered Chinese crap, let them continue thinking that way while they walk out in front of it at <span style="color: #FF0000">1000K</span>. Maybe I can see you clearly, maybe I cant!!! </div></div>

I doubt you would see them at "1000K".
whistle.gif

FWIW since posting on this thread this morning my 2.5-10x24 arrived from Euro Optics.

Stamped "Made in USA"

On first inspection it seems solid and well made with excellent fit and finish on all external components.

Turret clicks, whilst not as positive and tactile as on an S&B seem more than acceptable - will be good to check repeatability when mounted. Glass is clear with no blurring at the edges (as I get on my MST100). Mag ring smooth and with a nice resistance.

My only beef would be with the rubber lens covers....but they can be swapped.

USA, Japan or anywhere else.....exactly as I expected and I'm sure it'll perform fine.

heres the skinny..

to say your scope is made in the united states, it has to have a number of american made parts. the nightforce scopes are made here in the united states... all of them are assembled at the plant in Idaho by Americans. but some of the parts particulars the lens are made over seas. there are only 4 lens glass manufactures, not one of them in the U.S. so lens glass can come from one of 4 places, japan, china Germany, or Austria. some out sourcing must be done, if only for lens glass.

don't worry guys, nightforce is made in America by American, unless it's a gray market copy.

Once again we all let Piston Pete stir the pot. notice he didnt say anything after he started this thread.....NF are very high quality optics at an excellent price range. I ordered two F1 scopes just the other day.

He must be running low on his crazy pills at the nursing home....

"NURSE! NURSE!! change my bed pan as I post on Snipers Hide!! " - Pete

Jay

Just for the record all of the Nightforce Scopes are not assembled in Idaho. Not that it matters.

And where do you get your info as NF states that they are assembled and QC'd in ID.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BiggerStick47</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If my NF scope is considered Chinese crap, let them continue thinking that way while they walk out in front of it at <span style="color: #FF0000">1000K</span>. Maybe I can see you clearly, maybe I cant!!! </div></div>

I doubt you would see them at "1000K".
whistle.gif
</div></div>"Wow"how many X's on dat der scope?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FWIW since posting on this thread this morning my 2.5-10x24 arrived from Euro Optics.

Stamped "Made in USA"

On first inspection it seems solid and well made with excellent fit and finish on all external components.

Turret clicks, whilst not as positive and tactile as on an S&B seem more than acceptable - will be good to check repeatability when mounted. Glass is clear with no blurring at the edges (as I get on my MST100). Mag ring smooth and with a nice resistance.

My only beef would be with the rubber lens covers....but they can be swapped.

USA, Japan or anywhere else.....exactly as I expected and I'm sure it'll perform fine. </div></div>

OK, I'll swap you a nightforce for your blurry MST100....

My only bitch with the Nightforce is the illumination knob. It starts out high and you have to wind it down to the low setting. OK if you are at the range but on the street and in a hurry if you are not careful you also unscrew the battery cap. It's the same.