• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce Mil-Spec ATACR's are finally for sale! SU-294 and SU-296

USMCSGT0331

🔫
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 23, 2013
    Minnesota
    www.snipershide.com
    Wanted to give you guys a heads-up that EuroOptic and 3 other dealer are getting these scopes, EuroOptic will have the most scopes in inventory with 140 of each type. I'm not sure how many of these scope will be made, but the current estimate is 300 of each type, which will be split between the 4 dealers. I have no affiliation with EuroOptic, I'm just letting fellow clone builders and collectors know about this deal. An email should be going out later today, you can call them to order the scopes right now since they haven't been uploaded to their website yet.

The 2 NightForce Mil-Spec scopes are:

1-8x24, SU-294/VPS S-VPS

7-35x56, SU-296/PVS P-VPS

I have no idea if they'll get the 4-20x50 Mil-Spec scope, maybe that will arrive next year, but I have no idea.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Pinmaster
    Are these actual mil spec contract ATACR 1-8s?

I understand the mil spec NF optics are built differently and have a different reticle than what is listed in the description.

The reticles are the same as the contract scopes. The 7-35 has a non-illuminated Tremor3. The 1-8 has an illuminated Tremor8.
    The only other differences that can be noted between these and the real contract scopes are the "-1" addition to the part numbers and the serial number prefix of "USA".
    1702312417525.png

Are these actual mil spec contract ATACR 1-8s?

I understand the mil spec NF optics are built differently and have a different reticle than what is listed in the description.
    The reticles are the same as the contract scopes. The 7-35 has a non-illuminated Tremor3. The 1-8 has an illuminated Tremor8

Are these built the same as the SOCOM contract ATACR 1-8?
    from NF- "The only other differences that can be noted between these and the real contract scopes are the "-1"
    Build is the same...give me a call if youd like a deal 😉 just ask for Connor 570 368 3920

from NF- "The only other differences that can be noted between these and the real contract scopes are the "-1"
    Build is the same...give me a call if youd like a deal 😉 just ask for Connor 570 368 3920

Got any pictures of the Horus8 reticle in the 1-8?

Reactions: dms416
    Very interesting. Would be curious what the center dot size is and whether the entire reticle is illuminated vs just the ring and center.

Reactions: Euro.Connor
    IIRC the older NF Mil-Spec scopes had internals permanately bonded in place and could not be repaired or changed if either was wanted or needed. This may not be the case now. Just what NF told me years ago on some USN marked 2.5-10x24's I had.

IIRC the older NF Mil-Spec scopes had internals permanately bonded in place and could not be repaired or changed if either was wanted or needed. This may not be the case now. Just what NF told me years ago on some USN marked 2.5-10x24's I had.
    I called eurooptic to ask about this. These scopes are supposed to have the same lifetime warranty as their regular line.

Not sure if the guts are bonded, etc. That mignt be a good question for NF.

I’m very happy with my commercial NF ATACR 1-8.

Reactions: RTH1800
    I called eurooptic to ask about this. These scopes are supposed to have the same lifetime warranty as their regular line.

Not sure if the guts are bonded, etc. That mignt be a good question for NF.

I’m very happy with my commercial NF ATACR 1-8.
    They are built to the same spec as the socom units per NF

They are built and inspected according to NF standards for MILSPEC models -per Nightforce

Yea I’m in for one. Not for cloning or flipping. I will probably be one of the only crazy people to buy this to actually use.
    For the price difference I wonder about that. The standard NF 1-8 is amazing tough. I have beat one around for years. No issues. Still this would be at least as good.

But what are NF Standards for Mil Spec scopes?
    At one time everything was permanently bonded.
    They are built the same as the commercial 1-8.
    Some parts are bonded in all the models.
    The “mil-spec” has an extra procedure and testing method but built is the same.
    And Horus is owned by NF, they are in the same building.

Yea I’m in for one. Not for cloning or flipping. I will probably be one of the only crazy people to buy this to actually use.
    Just because cloners spend insane amounts of money on guns and parts, doesn't mean that the majority of them don't use what they purchase. I have a pretty ridiculous collection (I've been told that it's a quantity of quality, lol), and I shoot EVERYTHING, regardless of piece or rarity (well, except my original USMC XM3 since it was last shot in Fallujah, Iraq by a friend it was issued to in my Scout Sniper Platoon).

I know over a dozen people who bought these scopes today for clone builds, and every single one of them is going to be using these scopes at the range, in various shooting classes, in the field hunting, and/or even rattlecan painting them! You're far from crazy and I'd wager rhat the vast majority of buyers will be using these scope to some degree. I know of only 1 collector that doesn't shoot some stuff, and leaves the items new in box in the back of a safe for investment purposes. It's safe to say that we can put the whole collectors/cloners not using their expensive gear meme to rest. You're definitely in good company with fellow users, and who knows, we might even run into each other at a range sometime/somewhere in the future using this exact same equipment!

Just because cloners spend insane amounts of money on guns and parts, doesn't mean that the majority of them don't use what they purchase. I have a pretty ridiculous collection (I've been told that it's a quantity of quality, lol), and I shoot EVERYTHING, regardless of piece or rarity (well, except my original USMC XM3 since it was last shot in Fallujah, Iraq by a friend it was issued to in my Scout Sniper Platoon).

I know over a dozen people who bought these scopes today for clone builds, and every single one of them is going to be using these scopes at the range, in various shooting classes, in the field hunting, and/or even rattlecan painting them! You're far from crazy and I'd wager rhat the vast majority of buyers will be using these scope to some degree. I know of only 1 collector that doesn't shoot some stuff, and leaves the items new in box in the back of a safe for investment purposes. It's safe to say that we can put the whole collectors/cloners not using their expensive gear meme to rest. You're definitely in good company with fellow users, and who knows, we might even run into each other at a range sometime/somewhere in the future using this exact same equipment!
    Glad to hear this!

Reactions: RTH1800
    What socom weapons do these go on?
    The 1-8x is used on all sorts of small arms, such as the URG-I. The 7-35x is used on larger sniper rifles, such as the Mk22. Those are just an example of each, just know that these 3 NF scopes and the 2 new Leupold scopes are replacing the majority of optics used by SOCOM and several branches of the US military.

Someone posted this image over on ARFCOM in the URG-I clone thread and said that this is an image of the Tremor8 reticle. I have no idea and the previous images in this thread aren't showing. Hopefully this is the correct reticle, if it isn't I'll delete this post, just let me know.

th-1421992324_jpg-3056541.JPG
    That reticle is crap ... sorry ... I'll take the FC-DMx over that ... gross

Reactions: BurtG
    I see Tremor 8 in some listing but the descriptions says FD-DMx. Curious which reticle it comes with.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231211_142410_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20231211_142410_Chrome.jpg
      319.1 KB · Views: 32
    That is not the tremor8. It's missing the ring

This reticle sucks. We hate it. Half the dudes actually got fc-dmx's... lol I'm glad the cats out of the bag on this

The reticle is both a bdc and Mil holds.

See picture for zeroing info

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231211-223114_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20231211-223114_Gallery.jpg
      38 KB · Views: 208
    That is not the tremor8. It's missing the ring

This reticle sucks. We hate it. Half the dudes actually got fc-dmx's... lol I'm glad the cats out of the bag on this

The reticle is both a bdc and Mil holds.

See picture for zeroing info

What is up with the two reticles at the top marked for different calibers?

What is up with the two reticles at the top marked for different calibers?
    Since they were dumb enough to only put a small amount of wind holds...they wanted an optic suitable for both systems. By zeroing more aggressive it extends the range of the gas guns for the bdc. It's actually clever just poorly executed. I suspect that's where the fc-dmx hold under dots got the idea from-it's just not needed on that reticle

Reactions: stickyheat
    Since they were dumb enough to only put a small amount of wind holds...they wanted an optic suitable for both systems. By zeroing more aggressive it extends the range of the gas guns for the bdc. It's actually clever just poorly executed. I suspext that's where the fc-dmx hold under dots got the idea from-it's just not needed on that reticle

I assume since this is a BDC reticle it should be zeroed at 100 meters for the holds to be accurate?

Edit to add:

Should the zero be on the top reticles or the main center dot?

Got it. So for 5.56 14.5” you zero to the reticle second from top.

I assume the center reticle is for close up?
    That's the idea... but it's pretty small being ffp and still requires a hold over at close distances. Like I said clever idea just poor execution imo.

Reactions: stickyheat