• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightforce mount or LaRue mount cant decide

Exemer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2010
Well I've been looking at both mounts and find that I can't decide. It's gonna be on an LMT 308 and I'm looking to get a NF scope. The option of quick release is very nice. But everything NF makes is reliable and very light. Any personal experiences are very much appreciated and yes I have used the search engine with 3 different combinations of the mount for nightforce.

Re: Nightforce mount or LaRue mount cant decide

Friends and I usually have a contest of tick tack toe at 200 yards with iron sights so if I use detach we can still play.

A Borka or seekonk makes for a quick on and off with the NF. The height and vertical cap screws make the NF a winner in my book.

I had issues with the Larue mounts. After much fiddling, I replaced them with NF unimounts and have been very happy since. If you carry an 1/2 wrench the NF are quick release too: not that big a deal.

My larue QD has been perfect. Return to zero is spot on. Probably heavier than NF but rock solid.

Go with the NF. I've used both. The difference I found was in the cam lock. The NF design IMO is better and less likely to wear.

Regardless of mount you choose make sure you lap the rings. Even with the one piece mount, the finish is uneven and the lapping will smooth everything out for a correct fit.

Well the thing is, either I'm goin to buy from LaRue, or more likely I'm gonna buy from CS Tactical with the option of doing cerakote finish. Both have the scope and mounts.

I've really liked the LaRue mount. It has been durable and returns very close to zero the few times I've had to remove it.

I have both. The thing i like about the NF over the Larue or my American Defense mount, is that I can see my elevation turret with minimal movement of my head. I really only need to glance up at the turret while maintaining positive contact with my cheek. This really helps my during my pre-shot checklist.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BW88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've really liked the LaRue mount. It has been durable and returns very close to zero the few times I've had to remove it. </div></div>
Why not buy a better mount that will always return zero? Its called BOBRO, ADM and GDI the larue mounts are built solid but mar the rails and for the money there are better mounts.

JMHO

Some good opinions in you thread. I would go with the best looking one. I have/had both.

I prefer Bobro over LaRue or ADM mounts.

Not saying that any of them are bad choices. Just my preference based on features/design.

I had a NF one-piece mount at one point and felt it was flimsy and overpriced for the level of quality (or lack thereof). It even appeared bent/twisted. It did work though.

I have the LaRue on my AR15 and love it. The scope comes off everytime I clean my rifle so as not to get any chemicals on it. Returns to zero everytime. I like the verticle rings better too. When I find a bargain in another LaRue like I did the first one I will be replacing the heavy ass Warne QD's on my LMT as well.