• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce NF 3,5 - 15 x 56 question

Schleifalot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2006
Bavarian Forrest, Germany
Hello shooters, this is my first post in a looong time.

Last week i finally got my new rifle. A Tikka T3 super varmint in 308.
The scope is a Nightforce NF 3,5 - 15 x 56 with Mildot.
Last sunday I shot it first time. It was really great fun. My pals dragged me away from my rifle, or else I would have burned out the barrel at the first day
wink.gif

The only issue are the turrets on the scope, because there are none. I knew this as I ordered it. It is the standard hunter adjustment in 1/8 MOA. I'm too lazy to do it every time with a coin, so:

Where can I get turrets for this scope, or is there no possibility to install some??

Re: Nightforce NF 3,5 - 15 x 56 question

Yup, it is the benchrest line, but without the target turrets. As I understand it is an older series. Maybe it was discontinued, but a german dealer has them still in stock.

NF 3,5 - 15 x 56

With the slotted reticle adjustment and very good illumination it is an excellent hunting scope, just a little on the heavy side.

I assume you want target turrets for it? I would just contact NF.
I have my doubts.

I would have tried to find out the most reasonable priced optics dealer in US an have imported the NF Scope. Might get a little epensive when buying a scope in germany, that even doesn't fit the requirements and need additional parts to be ordered.

Like them: http://www.theopticzone.com/default.aspx?act=pro&opt=detail&id=1346 ...as far as I know the also ship to Austria, so I can't see why germany should be a problem. Price on a current NXS 3.5-15x56 model with target turrets is appprox. 1500US$, that would be ~1070€...
In Austria we there would be additional 6,7% amount of fiscal charges (customs on commercial goods) -> 1142€
And additional 20% import purchases tax ->1370€
Shipping would be extra, but not that much.
So, can you tell me any retailer in Germany or Austria (maybe swiss too, or UK) where you would get that Nightforce NXS 3,5-15x56 scope for that price? If you do, please tell me by PM

Nightforce also got the option to have MIL scaled turrets (0.1mil click value -> 1cm/100m per click)

I would ask Nightforce for the turrets and prices and then consider either getting abck the money for that outdated scope and getting a new one from the US or go with new turrets, depending on what you would like more (up to date NF scope/modificated older one) and what is at a lower price.

regards

The NF line has in my opinion a far better illumination than the NXS line. I was seriously considering the NXS after I shot the TRG 22 with a 5,5 - 22 x 50 of a friend.
Sometime in the future i want to start hunting. And for low light conditions, this illum system is far better.
The adjustment is not a problem, i would just like target turrets as an addition.
Parralel to this post, I wrote Nightforce an e-mail. Just using more than one option.
I got a much better price than from Henke
smile.gif

Greetings