• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce NP1-RR Reticle

RPFrye

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2007
Clearwater, FL.
Any input on this reticle? ...seems like a very fast system for ranging targets, and I like the reticle based hold points & using the turrets for fine adjustments, without as much clutter as some other reticles.

Also, seems like it would make a damn nice system in the new F1 scope.

How accurate is the ranging system?

With practice, do you feel the system is as capable as other reticles in fine adjustments for target shooting?

Any other feedback?

Re: Nightforce NP1-RR Reticle

I have that reticle in a 5.5-22, I've used the ranging circles prairie dog hunting and it works all right. Not as accurate as a laser but it will get you in the ballpark. I also don’t really use them as much as I thought I would.

If I had to do it over I would get the NP-R1. The one thing I hate about the NP1-RR is that the first holdover point is 4 moa below the crosshairs. For my 6mmAI that translated into 440 yards with a 200 yard zero. What I found was that 350ish yard shots where harder than 450 and 550 yard shots because I would try to hold over or under rather than using clicks.

Also, when you are using clicks, the finer moa hash marks on the NP-R1 would serve better for measuring missed shots and making correct adjustments. The math to range targets with the NP-R1 would be simple as well.

I guess my advice would be to just get the NP-R1.