• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce Nx8 1-8 fc dmx on a bolt gun

Bigwilly556

Private
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2021
Michigan
Looking hard at this scope for a 350 legend hunting build ( Michigan laws ) I have almost completed. Origin action, hnt 26 folder and 16.5 barrel. Range will be 200 yards or less in the woods or cornfields but will be taking it out much further at the range.

I'm trying to get this as light weight as possible. I really like the new reticle and I'll be using the tree and no dialing. Being that I'll have an adjustable stock and will be shooting from a blind, tree stand, tripod and bipod with no awkward shooting positions. Will the supposed tight eyebox and eye relief be a problem? Also looking at the razor 1-10 but don't want the added weight or bulk. I get le/mil pricing on both.

Any experiences would be greatly appreciated before I drop some cash.

Lol.. it's a 250 yard rifle. Buy a ruger american for 450, throw a leupold 350 cds scope, drop In a timney and add a brake or can for under $1k total.

Massive waste of money IMO, and this is coming from a ZCO zealot.

Reactions: Birddog6424
The eyebox will be fine as will the reticle. I shoot my ATACR with the same reticle at 600yds with no issue. But if you have a steady rest, you’ll be fine with the eyebox.

Reactions: Bigwilly556
I hunted with an LPVO last year and wouldn’t do it again. Visibility in lowlight and blowing snow were much easier to deal with when using a 2.5-10.

I had 3, now 2 Atacr 1-8. I can shoot really good groups out to 300yds IF I'm rock solid steady. I had a vortex 1-10 and traded it...the 1-8s don't give up all that much.. eventually I will try out the Leupold 2-10 as I would like to be able to dial at times.