• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce nx8 2-20 as run and gun optic ???

a1-equipment

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2007
Salem VA
I am trying to my mr762 set up for my primary farm do all rifle. Yotes, bear, and shtf. 30-300 yard for all situations. I still word like to punch some paper for groups and run some 3gun drills.

I haven’t had any hands on with the nf 2-20. Is it even plausible to use that 2-20 as cqb type optic?

Or should I just stop trying to make it the jack of all trades and get a razor 1-10?

It's certainly possible to use it at the lowest power, but it won't be as fast as something that goes to 1x.

If you spend more than 75% of your time shooting at distance, it will be great. If you spend more than 50% of your time shooting under 100 yards, you'll probably enjoy the LPVO more.

Reactions: MilSpecJohn
I am trying to my mr762 set up for my primary farm do all rifle. Yotes, bear, and shtf. 30-300 yard for all situations. I still word like to punch some paper for groups and run some 3gun drills.

I haven’t had any hands on with the nf 2-20. Is it even plausible to use that 2-20 as cqb type optic?

Or should I just stop trying to make it the jack of all trades and get a razor 1-10?

Parallax, depth of field, and eyebox are pretty important factors in a scope with dynamic movement/usage. The NX8 doesn't have a good reputation in those categories.

In a lot of scenarios you can overcome those issues. Such as having a well set up rifle from a solid firing position with one target or time to fiddle with parallax.

Being on a clock, transitioning through multiple range targets, mounting and dismounting the rifle on the fly is going to expose all those weaknesses.

Reactions: MilSpecJohn