• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce NX8 2.5-20x50 recticle?

SepticDeath

Live Free or Die!
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2014
Indiana
I wanting to pick up one of these for a 6.5 Creedmore bolt gun. Going to use it for coyotes and occasionally long range shooting. Which reticle does the Hide recommend? I usually prefer mil but the moa looks cleaner for busting critters. Thanks!

Last edited:
Thx for all the insight. Maybe I should have asked about the Quigley Ford precision recticle. Ha!

it's basically a duplex reticle. And at 2.5x it should be a snapshot anyway. Worked well hunting in Wyoming this year, as you never know if they are going to pop up 50 or 500 yards.

How dark is the 2.5-20 above say 16 to 20X? My 4-32 above 26X starts darkening quick. I like the floating center of the milC reticle, on lower mag it looks duplex.
18-20 it gets a little darker but not bad. I personally think 50mm is ideal up to 20-22 power depending on the optic. 25 power and higher needs a 56mm. So not surprised you see it get dark above 26.