• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightforce NX8 4-32x50 on a 40 MOA Base

mike10

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2019
I'm probably going to buy a Nightforce NX8 4-32x50 and throw it on my rifle with a 40 MOA base installed. I know it has 90 MOA of total elevation adjustment and so in theory it should come with 45 up travel and 45 down travel available leaving a surplus of only 5 MOA once mounted on the 40 MOA base. That said, I know this is only theoretical. What I want to know is if there is anyone who has put the NX8 4-32 on a 40 MOA base and if it worked for you.

I have 40moa setup on mine as well but haven’t gotten the chance to zero it yet. I’ll update you if I ever get around to it but I don’t suspect that will be any time soon with the things I have going on

Reactions: mike10
For anyone interested, I placed my NX8 4-32x50 F2 in Nightforce medium ultra-lite rings on a Nightforce 40 MOA rail and I can dial up 87.5 MOA from my 100 yard zero.

On my 300 PRC I will be able to dial out to 2100 yards before I have to hold over in the reticle.

I was able to zero mine with 40moa cant at 100yds with my 6.5CM.