• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes nightforce nxs on rem700 sps tac

wcmesa

Private
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2009
Baton rouge , Louisiana
Ive tried the search on ever poss combo that i could think of.I read the sticky on determining ring hieght but i have a prob i want to order the rings and base at the same time. I have a rem sps tac 308 and a nightforce 5.5-22x56. im going with the badger 20moa base which badger rings do I need? From what ive found its gonna be medium highs but wanted to make sure before I ordered. One other thing I plan on putting it in a aics eventually if that makes any diff on the rings. Thanks

Re: nightforce nxs on rem700 sps tac

I have a 56mm NXS and a 20 moa NF base on one rifle ( Rem SPS Varmint) and an Accu-Lock 20 MOA base on another ( Rem 5R) and I had to use the NF Medium height UL rings.
It works on both rifles.

Stock will not matter to the rings, Unless the comb on the new stock messes with your eye relief

I have 1" height NF Ultralight rings on my .308 with Badger 20 MOA base and #7 barrel and 5.5-22x56 and it works well.

I had a 56mm obj. Sightron SIII sitting on a Nightforce 20MOA base in low IOR V-Tac rings. Had a solid 1/16" between the objective housing and the Remington varmint contour barrel.

I will be getting butler creeks but using the bikinis for now.

Badger medium rings are 0.885" to centerline. They work fine with a 56mm nxs on my rifle. I don't think u need any higher unless your stock comb is very high.

I have 1" Medium NF rings on mine so i figure you should be ok with the same size rings.

Check out the pics of the clearance i have.

IMG_2514Medium.jpg

IMG_2518Medium.jpg

I have a rem sps tac with the same set up. Badger medium rings fit fine.It is nice and low. just barely above the barrel but scope caps still fit.

I have a Remington 700 LTR with Nightforce 5.5-22x56 NXS, and Seekins Precision "medium high" rings and Seekins 20 MOA base.

It's nice and tight, even with Butler Creek flip-ups:
IMG_4894-2.jpg

IMG_4717.jpg

I looks like a nice scope, but I doubt I will end up paying 1,800 for a scope.

What magnification do you require? The 3.5-15 is still less than 1500 without zero stop. A much better scope than a mark 4 in my opinion.

Thanks guys. Once again the hide comes through. Got an idea how bout a thread posting rifle, base, rings, scope obj size and clearance of the barrel? If it would get a sticky it would be a data base of diff combs and how they turn out.

There is a sticky that I made in the optics section about calculating scope ring height

Sweet
(1.00 inches) - (0.885 inches) = 2.92 millimeters so the low rings will suit my needs- I'm order from Mike @CSTactical and he agrees

Just installed the NF Low rings that Mike from CSTactical.com just sent me.. awesome stuff.. even on the 20moa rail it has plenty of clearance.. I can even put the rubber bikini on without any hassles. Good job Mike!

..at the end of the video I was about to say "I feel like putting a Aimpoint H-1 on it for some seriously fun, light-weight hunting".

Youtube Vid - NF low rings
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Br2ZXdgdQzU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Br2ZXdgdQzU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>