• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce NXS parallax

dieselten

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
NXS 5.5-22x50

What is the shortest distance this scope will focus for parallax? Can it go down to 25 Yards at 22x?

Thanks

Re: Nightforce NXS parallax

I looked on the web site, at the library of manuals, etc.. I called and got stuck with voicemails. I would use this scope on a .22lr sometimes and winter matches are indoors at 50 feet.

50 yards was my guess.
If you want a very nice, quality packed scope for LR shooting NF is it.
You could find lots of scopes at lesser prices for the indoor 22 thing that would fit that bill.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselten</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I looked on the web site, at the library of manuals, etc.. I called and got stuck with voicemails. I would use this scope on a .22lr sometimes and winter matches are indoors at 50 feet. </div></div>
I would look at Leupold 6.5 x 20 EFR, extended focus range. I think it goes to 10 yards, I am too lazy to go downstairs and look in my gunsafe, but it would be a great scope for what you are doing.
SScott

At max power mine seem to focus no better than about 50yd out. Backing the power down helps it bring the focal plane closer, at 3.5x I can get it to focus indoors across my dining room to living room, about 22 ft.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sunnyside Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselten</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I looked on the web site, at the library of manuals, etc.. I called and got stuck with voicemails. I would use this scope on a .22lr sometimes and winter matches are indoors at 50 feet. </div></div>
I would look at Leupold 6.5 x 20 EFR, extended focus range. I think it goes to 10 yards, I am too lazy to go downstairs and look in my gunsafe, but it would be a great scope for what you are doing.
SScott </div></div>

+1 Mine focuses easily at 15 yards or less.

Thanks guys. I have the Leupold 6.5-20 EFR scope. It is OK but it aint a nightforce or S&B.

I will probably just blow the dust off my communion money and get a S&B, they focus down to 10 meters.

Well say Hi at Elm Fork sometime. I'm usually there Saturdays. I have the Desert Camo AICS 700 on table 2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselten</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I will probably just blow the dust off my communion money and get a S&B, they focus down to 10 meters.</div></div>

You won't be sorry. Just had my rifle out with a S&B 5-25 on it doing some dry firing in the house. Too much snow to get to the range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RicosRevenge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well say Hi at Elm Fork sometime. I'm usually there Saturdays. I have the Desert Camo AICS 700 on table 2 </div></div>
I will keep an eye out for you