• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce NXS Windage Knob Question

ToddKS

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2010
Wichita, KS
I recently purchased a used NXS 5.5X22 with HS knobs from a member here. The windage knob feels mushy compared to the elevation knob which is very crisp.

Is it normal for the windage knob not to be as crisp? This is the first NF I have owned with the HS knobs (my other has the std knobs) so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Is there a cleaning trick to possibly resolve this?

I thought I would ask here before I contacted NF to see about sending it in for a checkup. Any input is appreciated.

I called Nightforce and the tech had me try some things but it did not resolve the issue. They recommended I send it in and assured me that it would be covered under the warranty. I am expecting my RMA number shortly. I am sure they will make it right and was very pleased with the service I received on the phone.