• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce NXS Zerostop problems

Lapuapalooza

Benefactor of the Resurrection
Minuteman
  • Dec 24, 2013
    Colorado
    I have a 3.5x15 power NXS that when I loosen the 4 screws to loosen the top of the turret zero stop then try to screw the top down to set the zero stop, it won’t turn without shifting the point of impact by turning the bottom of the turret. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue and what remedies everyone came up with. I’m not really interested in holding the bottom of the turret with metal toothed pliers and every other non marring tool I own is a hammer! Thanks in advance for your constructive replies!!

I have two NF scopes and never have had this happen but I may be misinterpreting your issue. When I set the ZS....
    1. I set the turret to exactly where I want the stop to occur. Note the number of clicks below your zero.
    2. I loosen the turret screws and remove the turret.
    3. I loosen the inner plate screws as specified in the manual. You don't want to remove them but you want the inner plate to be disengaged so you can freely turn it. If you can't turn it, something is likely wrong. You shouldn't need another tool.
    4. Turn the plate clockwise until it bottoms out.
    5. Tighten screws to the correct torque setting as specified in the manual
    6. Place turret cap back on, line up the correct turret mark with the pointer on the housing, tighten the screws.
    Your ZS will be exactly the amount you specified below the "0".

If this don't work, you should call NF and speak to them.

I actually had this problem, there was a metal shaving in the zero stop mechanism. It is a little better now but if I hold the erector assembly with an Allen wrench then I can turn the plate or whatever you want to call it without moving the poi. I just use it on a non switch barrel rifle and once it's set then I don't have to worry about it. I will send it in if I ever sell it.

I have a 3.5x15 power NXS that when I loosen the 4 screws to loosen the top of the turret zero stop then try to screw the top down to set the zero stop, it won’t turn without shifting the point of impact by turning the bottom of the turret. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue and what remedies everyone came up with. I’m not really interested in holding the bottom of the turret with metal toothed pliers and every other non marring tool I own is a hammer! Thanks in advance for your constructive replies!!
    My first nx8 had this happen out of the box. I called NF and they had me send it back in. They called it a frozen zero stop. They sent it back fixed.

Just wanted to chime in, I just received the same model scope and it has an issue with the zerostop also. The threads were not completed properly on the upper cam and it would not allow the upper cam to screw down to engage the lock.

I just wanted to post this for reference, my dealer had not heard of this failure and I saw it on here first. Love the scope, wondering about QA now...

I did talk to nightforce a month ago and they said send it in, no problem. I told them I would after the new year, because I wanted to use it over the weekend. I plan on calling them this afternoon to set it up.

I know this is an old post but I think I may be experiencing the same issue. I have a new F1 7-35 ATACR that the clutch will not spin all the way down unless my zero is within 1/2 turn of the bottom of the elevation adjustment. I’ve messed with it over and over again but the clutch only has a max rotation of approx 1/2 turn. Going to call NF tomorrow to see what’s up.

Yep. Call them. They replaced my scope. No questions asked. Their CS is awesome!