• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce Optics Durability is Awsome

toptrigger630

Private
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2008
South Carolina
Thought I would put this out there for anyone considering purchasing a Nightforce Scope.

Right after Christmas I went out for a day at the range with two rifles, both were in the back seat of my truck stored in their trusty pelican cases... one on top of the other. I zeroed the rifle on top and then the weather broke bad and I called it a day. After zeroing the first rifle I need the allen wrench that I keep in the case with the other one...Got it out, made my adjustment and placed the wrench back in the case. When I got home I got the first case out and then the second. Dumbass me, I didn't latch the other case. It opened as I took it out of my truck and my rifle (R5 milspec / AICS, NF 5.5-22x50) fell to the concrete from about 4 feet up onto my driveway and landed on the parallax knob without contacting any other part of the rifle.

Although it did cause substancial damage to the outside of the scope and made me sick to my stomach I took the rifle out the next day with out checking zero @ 100yds and began shooting at 425yds. To my surprise it didn't even shift POI at all.

I contacted NF the next business day and spoke with Brian (Usually you either get him or Ken) who told me to ship it to them and that they would be happy to repair it. I was expecting to pay for the repair being that this little move was my fault. Although I still have not recieved it back after shipping it I did recieve an email that is only showing a charge for shipping it back to me (Supposed to arrive on 2/26). The folks at NF are great and although not the least bit astounded by the durability of their product were very polite and willing to repair my scope. I will continue to buy and endorse their products

Re: Nightforce Optics Durability is Awsome

Yep I know of at least one that fell off the roof at the airport while attached to an AW that was completly fine afterwards and still in service with a PD.

Thanks for the info. I just recieved my first NF today! 3.5-15x50 NXS

I have had the same experience with the NF scopes. I leaned a rifle against a fence post and opened a gate. The gate swung open and shook the post causing the rifle to fall on concrete on the focus knob. I knew I had just destroyed my scope. Shot at a rock and low and behold no shift in impact. Sent it in for repair later and told them it was my fault and they fixed it for free and shipped it back to me. Totally awesome!! Highly reputable company with a great product.
Guther

Thanks for the post. I'm in the market for a scope, and from what I've been reading about Nightforce, I think I've made my decision. Great post.

Nightforce scopes are the bees knees

My rifle was hanging out of the window of a 4x4 and as we were driving along we hit a significant bog hole in the mud... The 4x4 was shaken around and the scopes sunshade was forced into the upper edge of the window frame during the process.

The knock was so quick and sharp that the sunshade was actually knocked out of threading!!! Not completely off but the sunshade was sitting flush against the scope on the bottom, whereas the top section was about 1mm away from being a tight fix... with much effort i managed to unscrew the sunshade, my heart breaking thru the entire process... I simply screwed the sunshade back on. It screws and unscrews normally. There are no dents on the scope body at all.

No change in POI.

Nothing.

Im sure this scope could have taken much much much much more of a beating before it actually stopped functioning properly.

I place alot of faith into this brand of scopes.

I shall remind you, this scope that you see was shot with an AK round, all the operator did was put duct tape over it to keep dirt out and finished his mission. The only damage to the scope was it was stuck on a certain power 12 i believe

NightforceAK-47.jpg

The photo gives literal meaning to the phrase "dodged a bullet". Glad he was okay.

My F/Tr rig wears a 12-42 BR mounted in Burris Signature Zee rings. It was run over by a minivan. The inserts in the rings allowed the scope to pivot in the rings as the tire over the front ring, forcing the whole rig into the mud. I remounted the scope in new rings and went ahead and won the match.

I have to agree the scopes are awesome and their customer service is even better. I have sent a few NF's in for zero stops and repairs and have had numerous conversations with Ken - he is a good man............

+1, I sent mine in to get the reticle changed and added the zero stop- the whole process was slick as glass and they were extremely helpful with all of my questions. Its great to know that when you plop that kinda money down on a scope that you have a dedicated bunch of folks that stand behind thier product and will go out of their way to help. I think for the cost vs. over all quality you cant beat Nightforce scopes.

Ugh, my first Nightforce is on the brown truck for delivery today and the suspense is killing me lol. Hearing stories like this really lead me to believe I made the right decision.

Now bring me my scope UPS!!!