• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightforce optics job openings

strictlyRUM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2006
Redmond Oregon
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to give you in or with intrest in the industry a shot at this....

I am the machine shop foreman at Nightforce Optics in Orofino Idaho. We are looking for a few machinists as well as a few other jobs. As far as machinists go, I need a skilled journeyman level machinist. Mostly tooling and fixturing building and design. Will work with R&D on future designs. Most of all must be fluent on manual machines. If you have CNC experience that would be a bonus but not necessary for this position. Must have a good knowledge of thread fit and classifications. We do threads here that most shops say are impossible. Pay is great and benefit package you normaly would only find at a huge company. Great guys and a team atmosphere.

The second job opening will be for a top notch CNC guy. We are getting a Mori Seiki dual spindle live tooling lathe and I am looking for a very experienced lathe guy. We run Feature cam here but its not necessary to know it. Its pretty close to mastercam. This job wont be available till octoberish. Again thread knowlege, outside processes knowlege necessary. Manual experience a plus but not necessary.

I will post a link to the actual job posting once it is finished. We are currently day shift only but I hope to get a second shift going around november. The CNC position will likely be a swing shift possition. The manual/toolmaker position will be day shift. We are also on a four ten hour shifts with no plans to go to five days a week. Although we do run on fridays for guys wanting overtime. We are growing at a very rapid rate and look to continue as we find good, quality, people. We are in rural idaho and cost of living is alot less than big city but we pay big city wages. Coming from Oregon earlier this year it was quite a change. Good guys great pay and benefits. Oh and lots of game around here. Steelhead, Salmon, and whitetail abundant!

Link to manual position

http://lewiston.craigslist.org/mnu/2506343999.html

Thanks guys

Jason Perry
Nightforce Machine Shop Foreman
[email protected]

Re: Nightforce optics job openings

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">PM & E-MAIL SENT!</span></span>

<span style="font-size: 20pt"> <span style="color: #CC0000">SHANKSTER </span> </span> time to move away from the computer and go to work....this ones right in your neighborhood
whistle.gif

Orofino is small town USA for sure. The hunting and fishing is probably some of the best I've seen. when the high school is next to a mental hospital and the school mascot is the Maniacs, definitely fun place to be.

can I be the shop boy at least?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maccrazy2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Makes me wish I was a better machinist. I would love a job like that. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strictlyRUM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Guys,

I am the machine shop foreman at Nightforce Optics in Orofino Idaho. </div></div>

I knew it!!! thats what I thought
wink.gif
good luck buddy, I might stop in and see you someday soon.

It is nice to see you reaching out to hide members and offer them an opportunity for your great company. In my current position I help find local veterans employment, its hard work, especially these days. Im sure many are dying for a chance.

Cool, we need a SnipersHide insider to tell us what goodies are under development over there.

[/quote] I knew it!!! thats what I thought
wink.gif
good luck buddy, I might stop in and see you someday soon. [/quote]

Thanks Bud, If you come bye in the fall I am sure I could find a whitetail for you to shoot. We will have Wolf season opening up here in late August. My Elk hunting is only about 12 miles from my house. My QC guy went out and landed 52 salmon last saturday! I am digging it!

Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1stIDvet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is nice to see you reaching out to hide members and offer them an opportunity for your great company. In my current position I help find local veterans employment, its hard work, especially these days. Im sure many are dying for a chance. </div></div>

I just know how hard it was for me to find a GOOD job with real benefits. I was looking for a long time to find a clean, modern shop, in a place that didnt cost an arm and a leg to live. To have a place that you want to work for usualy makes for a easier job to go to every day. As well as our engineers are great as far as input. They are always looking for ideas and what the guys out there using the scopes are realy looking for. It makes for a very rewarding and even fun jobs at times.

Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool, we need a SnipersHide insider to tell us what goodies are under development over there. </div></div>

Lets just say, you wont be disappointed! This year will be very big for nightforce and the shooting community. If I could get some more tallented guys you may see it sooner too!

Thanks to all that have shown intrest. I have more guys to talk to now than we have in weeks running adds in papers. I will get a link to the job descriptions as soon as HR has it finalized. Thanks again!

Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strictlyRUM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: colboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I knew it!!! thats what I thought
wink.gif
good luck buddy, I might stop in and see you someday soon. </div></div>

Thanks Bud, If you come bye in the fall I am sure I could find a whitetail for you to shoot. We will have Wolf season opening up here in late August. My Elk hunting is only about 12 miles from my house. My QC guy went out and landed 52 salmon last saturday! I am digging it!

Jason </div></div>

Well, I <span style="font-weight: bold">REALLY</span> wish I was qualified for your position, I'd love to move up there and build scopes, but
frown.gif
. Good luck, and we'll keep in touch.

Jason,

I was wondering why you hadn't been posting on NWFA for a while. Sounds like an awesome career change. I'm jealous.

PB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PBinWA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jason,

I was wondering why you hadn't been posting on NWFA for a while. Sounds like an awesome career change. I'm jealous.

PB </div></div>

Thanks, but it wasnt realy a career change. I have been running machine shops since I was 21. Been building rifles as a hobby for over ten years. When the economy crashed and big companies decided mexico and china were where they wanted their parts built. I was the last of 87 machine shop employees to go before they closed the doors on the machine shop. I did what I had to do to feed the family. Fell back on my own shop and skills. We did very well. Better than I ever imagined. I spent too much time in the shop and love my family too much to work for myself. I didnt enjoy it at all. The only shooting I have done in the last four years was for customers. I just told myself it would have to be the "right" shop if I were ever to enter another machine shop. I like a team atmosphere and attitude over the usual "big head" of the precision machinist. This place has it all. Definately the best experience I have had in a machine shop in my 18 years of machine shops. The whole company is like that too. Everyone is happy to come to work. Then again, whats not to like, making good money building scopes in a game rich environment!

Jason

Well, I <span style="font-weight: bold">REALLY</span> wish I was qualified for your position, I'd love to move up there and build scopes, but
frown.gif
. Good luck, and we'll keep in touch. [/quote]

Sounds good. The whitetail trip will stay open for you if you run out of things to kill this fall. Give me a call and we will set it up.

Wish it wasn't such a commute . I think I would be hard pressed to talk my wife into leaving her job to move to Orofino though
wink.gif

My Dad had 40 acres up above the Clearwater river just outside of Orofino when I was a kid and I spent my summers with him . Bought our fireworks off the Reservation and .22 shells by the case and it certainly didn't suck
laugh.gif

Man I could walk right into that job if the wife would move but I'm sure it would be a paycut...

I've ran many Citizen/Star/Mori Seiki multi-spindle lathes with active heads and countless other mills, grinders, etc. then moved into tool and die making when I was at CAT. I'm also very well versed in G-code and Pro-E (I'm a mechanical engineer now). Sounds like a fun job. I'll send this off to a friend who turned scope bodies for Burris which is right down the road see if he's interested in moving. He'd be able to walk right in and be up and running the same day...

Thanks for the heads up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man I could walk right into that job if the wife would move but I'm sure it would be a paycut...

I've ran many Citizen/Star/Mori Seiki multi-spindle lathes with active heads and countless other mills, grinders, etc. then moved into tool and die making when I was at CAT. I'm also very well versed in G-code and Pro-E (I'm a mechanical engineer now). Sounds like a fun job. I'll send this off to a friend who turned scope bodies for Burris which is right down the road see if he's interested in moving. He'd be able to walk right in and be up and running the same day...

Thanks for the heads up. </div></div>

I wouldnt be so sure on the paycut. Its definately cheaper to live here than where your at, if that helps at all. If you could walk right in and make chips and have some input on things its worth quite a bit to us. We are also looking for a ME though. More of a R&D ME now and then possibly move to production support engineer. By all means send it out to whomever you think may be interested. If you think its a posibility at all, send me an email and we can at least think about it.
Thanks guys

Jason

Reading this makes me wish you need a top-notch customer service rep. Sounds like a great company to work for and a great place to live!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strictlyRUM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man I could walk right into that job if the wife would move but I'm sure it would be a paycut...

Thanks for the heads up. </div></div>

I wouldnt be so sure on the paycut. Its definately cheaper to live here than where your at, if that helps at all. If you could walk right in and make chips and have some input on things its worth quite a bit to us. We are also looking for a ME though. More of a R&D ME now and then possibly move to production support engineer. By all means send it out to whomever you think may be interested. If you think its a posibility at all, send me an email and we can at least think about it.
Thanks guys

Jason </div></div>

Hmm, you've really piqued my interest. I did R&D at CAT as an engineer for years so that sounds right up my alley. Working for a company that I follow and support via owning many of their products sounds awesome too. I'll bounce it off the wife (she wants to move anyway and you're right about the cost of living, it looks like it's about 8-9% less than my area which is significant). I'll be in touch.

Would you happen to know if any of the local hospitals have a NICU unit (wife's job)?

[/quote]

Hmm, you've really piqued my interest. I did R&D at CAT as an engineer for years so that sounds right up my alley. Working for a company that I follow and support via owning many of their products sounds awesome too. I'll bounce it off the wife (she wants to move anyway and you're right about the cost of living, it looks like it's about 8-9% less than my area which is significant). I'll be in touch.

Would you happen to know if any of the local hospitals have a NICU unit (wife's job)? [/quote]

If lewiston doesnt have one(45 minutes away) than Moscow does(50 Minutes away). Ill find out for you. We have a hospital in town but no nicu. They do need some better help tho. I go into Lewiston for any medical needs.

To bad you don't need a top notch AutoCad operater! I'd be all over it! LOL

do you have an opening for a lazy fat guy who drinks a lot of beer and surfs youtube?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strictlyRUM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
frown.gif
. Good luck, and we'll keep in touch. </div></div>

Sounds good. The whitetail trip will stay open for you if you run out of things to kill this fall. Give me a call and we will set it up. [/quote]

You got it!!!

Ok guys, My HR department just got the job posting for the Journeyman machinist done. If you are interested in the CNC position please respond to it also. Since we are not going to have that position open till September/October we can run the add now for some reason but I can interview and organize the whole thing in preperation for it, so it will give the applicant ample time to organize a move and living arangements. Rentals are very scarce here but housing is cheap if you are buying. Here is the link to the craiglist add......

http://lewiston.craigslist.org/mnu/2506343999.html

Thanks to all that have shown intrest this far.

Jason

One more bump. We are still needing applicants for a skilled CNC guy as well as a product support engineer. Thanks to all that have shown intrest this far.

Jason

One more time guys. We are going to close the listing end of next week. Still looking for a experienced CNC lathe guy.

Jason

Lets try this one more time. I am having a hard time finding an experienced CNC lathe guy. I am looking for a long term employee that knows his or her way around a CNC lathe. Subspindle experience a plus. Job will pay 20.00/HR+ in a sportsmans paradise with a low cost of living! Cumon guys.......

Jason

I can push buttons, drink coffee and look like I know what I am doing..... would that work for you all?

laugh.gif

I got to tour the plant a few weeks back and I gotta say Jason runs a very nice shop. Good pay, nice equipment, energetic crew, living in an outdoorsman's paradise, working for a great company. What more can you want?

Come on guys...help a brother out (and yourself while you're at it). You could do a lot worse than working for NF.

Are you still considering a opening for R&D ME position? I didn't see any in the ad.

Nice of you to post this on the hide. I am sure some lucky guy will land this job.I am moving to KY and selling all my welding gear. I am hoping to buy my first 3 in 1 machine.I can not wait to start playing with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aron</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you still considering a opening for R&D ME position? I didn't see any in the ad. </div></div>

They have a new ME starting next week. The only thing we need now is some help in the machine shop.

Thanks to all for the interest. Tell some friends. I will be needing help in the future too. I am working on making this a high tech state of the art machine shop. The sky is the limit as long as I can find some people to run them. Heck I spent last week down in Vegas at the first ever Manufacturing expo. I have to say, the robots are looking better and better. In 20 years of this I havent ever seen such a lack of machinists. The whole industry is changing. Its not the dark, dumb, and dirty, trade it once was. Its getting more and more high tech, clean, and nicer shops, and we are getting on board! I have close to a million dollars in machines showing up in the next month. I would have more but I cant find people to run them!

Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RGraff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got to tour the plant a few weeks back and I gotta say Jason runs a very nice shop. Good pay, nice equipment, energetic crew, living in an outdoorsman's paradise, working for a great company. What more can you want?

Come on guys...help a brother out (and yourself while you're at it). You could do a lot worse than working for NF. </div></div>

Robert,

Thanks for coming down. Sorry we couldnt find a spot for you. I know you wanted that ME job. Keep in touch you never know what is coming down the road.

Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can push buttons, drink coffee and look like I know what I am doing..... would that work for you all?

laugh.gif
</div></div>

Sounds like what I do! I think that possition is filled for now.
whistle.gif