• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce owners which reticle do you prefer

dreever

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2004
Michaux State Forest Adams County Pa.
I'm curious as to which reticle everyone prefers. On a site called "Snipers Hide" one would immediately think "Mildot" but that just might not be the case. At any rate it should be an interesting poll.
So which one do you prefer and why????????

Danny

Re: Nightforce owners which reticle do you prefer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With MOA adjustments- R1. With MIL adjustments- MLR. </div></div>

+1 I currently run NP-R1 on my NXS.

Both of my NF scopes have the NP-R1

If they would make NP-R2 windage hashes in 2 MOA increments, it would be GREAT. I think 2 MOA elevation/windage marks would be ideal for most situations. Oh well, nobody at NF asked me so I can just use the NP-R2 and wish it were different.

If I was going MIL-based, the MLR would be the pick.

Mils and MLR

I agree that NP-R2 needs 2 moa hash marks instead of 5 moa for windage. Im considering changing mine to R1 for that reason.

I have one MLR and one mil. I prefer the MLR. The next one will definitely be MIL. THis makes ranging at long distances a bit easier. JMHO

The Nightforce version of the Mildot is the ticket IMHO. The dot are see through circles. A 30 cal bullet hole at 100 yards fits neatly inside the Dot (circle) and makes a great aiming point

I'm with JWP, still the old school mil dots in mine.

NP-R1 with MOA adjustments is what I have, and I like it really well. Wish I had a zero stop though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oeser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With MOA adjustments- R1. With MIL adjustments- MLR. </div></div>

+1 I currently run NP-R1 on my NXS. </div></div>

another +1

I prefer Mil line reticles, so put me into the MLR category.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sp260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree that NP-R2 needs 2 moa hash marks instead of 5 moa for windage. Im considering changing mine to R1 for that reason. </div></div>

Ya the 5 MOA windage hash marks are utterly useless. 2MOA ELE and 2MOA WIND would be very nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Harold Dale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did I read it right/ For a nomnail fee,one can get the recticle change. </div></div>

That is correct. Go to the link below and download the Factory Service form. It has instructions and prices.

http://www.nightforceoptics.com/LIBRARY/library.html

NP-R1 with MOA adjustments.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maple One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NP-R1 with MOA adjustments. </div></div>

+1

Easy to range with. NP-R2 is less congested but harder to range with for me.

NP-R2 w/MOA knobs, went for uncluttered but might go to R1 for
precision.

I have the milldot 8-32X56mm on a TRG 42 but I think I am going to get the MLR with zero stop this time around.

MLR without any doubt!!

For those of you who have looked at both, are the thicknesses of the crosshairs and subtensions the same for both the MLR and NP-R1/NP-R2 reticles? I'm talking specifically about the 5.5-22 magnification.

I'd prefer that they offer the IOR MP-8 reticle! I think it is better....the dot is a nice touch. :)