• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce POI shift with paralex adjustment?

gunnut284

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Orlando, FL
I was talking optics with a local LE sniper and he mentioned they had experienced a POI shift when a paralex adjustment was made on their Nightforce scopes. Has anyone experienced this? Is it a known issue or an isolated incident? I am looking to move into the higher end optics and have been looking at Nightforce. Is this something to be concerned with?

Re: Nightforce POI shift with paralex adjustment?

Matt,

Never had that happen with the 4 NF I used. Maybe their parralax was out of focus?

Never had it happen with any of the NF scopes I have used.

I would expect the POI to change when I make parallax adjustment at the same yardage. Unless I misunderstood the OP, if you shoot with the parallax adjusted perfectly then turn the adjustment say 1/2 a turn and you don't center your eye perfectly that will throw the next shots out of the group. Disregard this if if your are talking about switching from say 100 yards to 300 yards and adjusting the parallax properly for both distances and seeing a POI change.
Ron