• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce question

gszeto99

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2009
Illinois, USA
Which of the Nightforce scopes have adjustable parallax (ie. side focus knob)? I read somewhere that the NXS 2.5-10x32 may not and 2.5-10x24 definitely does not have parallax adjustment (side focus). So does the 2.5-10x32 have side focus? If not which models have this function because all of the pictures I see show all of the NXS scopes with 3 knobs but the nightforce website makes no mention of side focus on any of their models.

Re: Nightforce question

The 2.5x10-32mm does not have side focus. But I have no trouble hitting steal at 800yards with it. Great scope.

The NXS line 3.5-15s, 5.5-22s, 8-32 and 12-42 all have side adjustable parallax. The BR models have objective adjustable parallax. The third turret on the compact line is the illuminated reticle control. Below 10x parallax is much less of a concern so those scope don't really need the adjustment.

I'm no expert, but I always look at the equipment my fellow competitors are using and ask questions. Your choice of scope will largely be determined by the application you have in mind. Once you have you application clearly in focus buying the right scope is much easier.