• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce retical swap??

Truck10

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 29, 2010
Bucks Co, Pa
I bought a used Nightforce NXS a while back with an MlR retical and Minute turrets. I would prefer to keep the MOA turrets and swap the retical to an NP2, but is that possible? or would the turrets have to be switched to match the retical? And does anyone know what they charge to do this. Thanks..

Re: Nightforce rectical swap??

Sent my 5.5x22x56NXS MOA/MOA in to get reticle and turrets changed to MLR/Mil high speed with Zero stop. Fill out the form found in the library section of the NF website under downloads. Call them on the phone for a RMA number and mail it in. They told me 5-6 weeks on the turn around. Got email a couple of days ago that it was being shipped back. SHould be here tomorrow. Turn time was 4 weeks. Customer Service was excellent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sent my 5.5x22x56NXS MOA/MOA in to get reticle and turrets changed to MLR/Mil high speed with Zero stop. Fill out the form found in the library section of the NF website under downloads. Call them on the phone for a RMA number and mail it in. They told me 5-6 weeks on the turn around. Got email a couple of days ago that it was being shipped back. SHould be here tomorrow. Turn time was 4 weeks. Customer Service was excellent. </div></div>

If you don't mind me asking, what was the total bill on that?

that is great that they will upgrade them to the high speed turrets, I would also be interested in how much that costs.

I got my scope back UPS today from NF. For reticle change to MLR and turret change to mils high speed with zero stop and shipping it came to $586.
The new turrets and reticle are just what I wanted. Turn around was about 4 weeks. cudos to NF.
If you have 3x15 NXS you can also have the scope changed to FFP for additional $$$$$$. They dont do FFP on the 5.5x22 yet.

I did this change because it was cheaper to get this done than selling the scope and buying a new one. In my opinion it was a good deal. Plus not having to deal with the sale of the original scope. Good luck.

It might make more sense to sell and buy what you want.
JMO

stacyp, If you don't mind me asking what was the breakdown cost for turrets- cost of reticle? thanks Rthur

I found the answer in the link,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rth1800</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It might make more sense to sell and buy what you want.
JMO </div></div>

I did the checking. I watched the selling prices for the scope I had (NXS 5.5x22x56 MOM/MOA NPR-2) here on the hide. Figured in comparison for scope in good condition fair sale price was $1250 to $1350. Prices I found on the new scope (NXS 5.5x22x56 MLR/Mil High speed with Zero stop) $1900 to $2200 plus shipping and possibly tax if bought locally in that configuration. That left me in the hole about $700 +/- to buy the new one. I could do the reticle change and keep my scope and pay $586 to change. This way i didnt deal with low ballers, tire kickers and dickheads while trying to sell the scope and possibly wait for someone to have the scope in stock if I bought a new one. If someone has $1500 in their scope would it be a better deal to sell it for a loss at $1250 or $1300 and then go back and buy another new one for $2000. Doesnt make sense to me. Maybe I saved $150-$200? Thats 5-6 boxes of 175gr. matchkings or 5-6 lbs of RL15 powder or 8 bags of new Winchester brass. Nuff said!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rth1800</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It might make more sense to sell and buy what you want.
JMO </div></div>

+1. That's what I did. I got what I wanted. Upgraded to high speed turrets to boot and got a factory fresh scope for the same cost as changing the recticle and turrets. Someone will want your scope in the current configuration.

RT

stacyp,
I think you would not have had trouble selling on this site, given a profile and enough post. My expirence here is that the guys are not tire kickers, priced fairly, it would just sell. JMO

For the record; I spoke with Mark at NightForce Optics this morning and he informed me there are no plans to offer a FFP upgrade to anything other than the 3.5-15x50mm scopes.

I am in the process of switching to MLR/Mil on my older scopes and currently have one in process at NF. It was $336 inc. return shipping to change knobs to Mil/HS/ZS.
Mine should be back in a week or two.
I have a couple of MD/MOA scopes and I am thinking about what to do with them.

BTW, they go thru the scope front to back so it should be fresh as a new one on return.