• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce taking pre-orders for F-1 with H-37

STRM3

Private
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2008
Idaho
For Public Release
Horus Vision H-37 Reticle Available in the Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50 F-1 Model
Date of Production: To Be Determined

Nightforce Optics, Inc. is pleased to introduce a new addition in our reticle line-up for our NXS 3.5- 15x50 F-1 model: the Horus Vision H-37. Commercial production of this item will depend upon consumer demand. If you are interested in purchasing the Nightforce NXS 3.5x15x50 F-1, with the Horus Vision H-37 reticle, please contact Brian Gearhart or Ken Pratt, of Nightforce Optics, Inc. at 208.476.9814; and you can also contact your Nightforce Optics stocking dealer.
This reticle will ONLY be available in our F-1 model and has an up-charge of $500.00 - MSRP price for this package is $2910.00.
The NXS 3.5-15x50 F-1 model riflescope comes with the following configurations and accessories:
• ZeroStop – Your choice of .1 Mil-Radian or .250 MOA elevation and windage
• Set of Nightforce Ultralite rings – 1.00” height, (NF100UL)
• 3” sunshade
• Lens cover
• Illuminated reticle (Mil-Dot; MLR; or by special order, the Horus Vision H-37)

Be one of the first to have this sought after reticle by placing your pre-order today!

Re: Nightforce taking pre-orders for F-1 with H-37

Just last night I spent/wasted a ton of time using the SH Google search trying to find info on this so this post couldn't be more timely.

I am really keen on the Horus concept as the ultimate anti-zombie hordes reticle on the one hand.

On the other hand, my brain has huge issues with paying $2,900 for a NF, when I could get a S&B for $100 more(or $400 less on sale) (no rings) and just learn to be satisfied with the P4F -- which many love anyway.

Also, not sure if the H25 would be more appropriate and the H37 better suited to a later F1 going to 22x mag?

Still, a Horus F1 really checks most/all of the boxes on my personal feature list, but that price seems awful close to S&B pricing which gives me pause.

And USO gets them for $400 from Horus -- did Horus squeeze you for an extra $100.

Finally, please don't consider this bashing of any sort. I think NF is answering my desires -- and probably those of many others -- with a scope like this. I wish every company were so responsive to consumers. Just sharing my thoughts and questions, the answers to which may or may not be helpful to NF and their customers.

$2910 really? If shit keeps going up like this I'm going to have to get another job. Oh and the P4 works pretty good ;-)

Ken,
Will there be a F1 with NP-R1 anytime in the foreseeable future?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is the h37 a mil based reticule? </div></div>
Yes, all Horus reticles are milliradian based.

I don't understand why S&B, USO and NF don't design their own reticles with an elevation-windage grid and charge much less than Horus does.

I would like to put my Pre-Order in for a 5.5-22x50 F1 please!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is the h37 a mil based reticule? </div></div>
I don't understand why S&B, USO and NF don't design their own reticles with an elevation-windage grid and charge much less than Horus does. </div></div>

No foolin.

Jeff,

We have been working on a first focal plane version of the NP-R1 but unfortunately, I don’t have a lead-time.

Give us a call if you would like to get on the first list.
208-476-9814

Regards,
Ken

Ken,

what are ALL the reticules available for the F1?

C

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ken,

what are ALL the reticules available for the F1?

C </div></div>

http://www.nightforceoptics.com/SCOPES_OVERVIEW/3_5-15x50_F1/3_5-15x50_f1.html

Mil-Dot, MLR, NP-R1,Horus,ART, and more as quoted from the F1 info page

Fastford,

We currently have the MLR the Mil-Dot and now the H-37. The ART and the NP-R1 are still in the development.

Regards,
Ken

sorry for all the questions the website skips some, what mil based reticules are available for the 2.5x10x32?

some of them are not listed on the reticule page

LV, MV, HV??

You're part of the small minded problem on here... some people don't want a GEN 2 XR they want a Horus Reticle and Horus sets the price they set... why don't you give the cheerleading a break and not crap on the thread looking to inform people of an option available to NF Customers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffbird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ken,
One suggestion/request, would it be possible to make the horizontal axis on the NP-R1 1 MOA rather than 2 MOA? </div></div>
yes, this would be awesome!!! That is my only wish and it would make this reticle the best out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffbird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ken,
One suggestion/request, would it be possible to make the horizontal axis on the NP-R1 1 MOA rather than 2 MOA?
Either way, FFP NP-R1 is the one I'm waiting and hoping for. Put me on that list. </div></div>

I'd buy two just to start.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KEN-NF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">427,
Give us a call if you would like to get on the first list.
208-476-9814
</div></div>

Interesting...I asume that a -22x F1 is close then...please...please?

Are you able to elaborate on a time frame?

Wonder why not the H27, seem to have been Horus's best design. I have an H25 it would be nice if it were trimmed down a bit.

Good job NF on adding to your list of customizable features.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffbird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ken,
One suggestion/request, would it be possible to make the horizontal axis on the NP-R1 1 MOA rather than 2 MOA? </div></div>
yes, this would be awesome!!! That is my only wish and it would make this reticle the best out there. </div></div>

And number it.

any idea how long before it will begin to actually ship?

Fastford,

I believe as soon as January.

Gugubico,

I do apologize as I miss-read 427's post. I don’t have any information regarding a 22 power first focal plane.

My apologies,
Ken

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SINGLE.SHOT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wonder why not the H27, seem to have been Horus's best design. I have an H25 it would be nice if it were trimmed down a bit.

Good job NF on adding to your list of customizable features. </div></div>

This.

This has nothing to do with NF, but as far as costs go I called S&B USA and was told they will offer the Horus Reticle upgrades ($500 for the reticle and $300 to install it); they will also be offering some scopes with the Horus installed from the factory for a $500 premium just as NF is.

I thinh Horus could sell 3x more Ret.s if they charged 1/2 the price. How would that work out?

It's a good system but they sure are proud of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I don't understand why S&B, USO and NF don't design their own reticles with an elevation-windage grid and charge much less than Horus does.</div></div>

HorusVision has a patent on that design.

that didn't stop vortex from trying (and failing, IMHO, but an old college try none the less) with the dots in the new HD models. Shouldn't stop other MFG's from making something up either. Don't have to copy a horus, just think like they think and make something up.

Then put it in a scope body that doesn't suck like horus do and actually care about the quality control. This process isn't revolutionary, and it's not worth $3k in my mind.

Not a dig on the nightforce at all, they are a good company. Just not sure why others don't follow the leader and make something up that they don't have patented.

and just so you don't think i'm talking out the side of my face... I own and use a horus. It's a love/hate thing for sure. It has great features, but shitty turrets, and the FFP reticle gets so thick it obscures alot. On low power, it's hard to see the grid clearly. In between, it kicks ass.

Personally, I don't think it's worht the money, but hey, whatever trips your trigger... it's your paycheck.