• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes nightforce ultra light mount

canuck4570

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2008
Ile Bizard near Montreal
just bought a set of nightforce ultralight rings with bubble (level)
they are made of aluminum and titanium
for my peace of mind is these rings as good has they say?
they will be used to mount my 2.5-10x32 Nightforce scope on my 30-06 hunting rifle
thank you Michel

Re: nightforce ultra light mount

Been using them for about a year with my F1 on my match 6.5 Creedmoor with no problems at all. They are the rings that Nightforce ships with all the F1 scopes. I wouldn't worry about them.

I've been running these rings on my 19lb 375 Cheytac and they've been fine. If they'll live on this rifle, I think you'll be OK with a 30-06!

I did not know if I did the wright thing but has I see it from you guy's they seem to be superb rings....
I have ordered the top half that has a bubble incorporated in it.....
thank you....

bubblelevel2.jpg

here is a picture of the nightforce ultralight top half ring with a bubble
any one of you use this bubble from nightforce

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mongrain Michel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
bubblelevel2.jpg

here is a picture of the nightforce ultralight top half ring with a bubble
any one of you use this bubble from nightforce </div></div>

I have a similar set up on my .308 but the top ring section with level from Defensive Edge.

Now I'm looking for the same set up for 34mm tube (PH), is there such made for 34mm ring?

Many thanks,

Built my version of those for myself and friends a few years ago, but left the ACI alone...I like it down low.

CIMG0204.JPG

You didn't ask me, but.....
I will assume that the rings are the type that have a gap between the upper and lower halves when installed.

I clamp the rifle in a vise with a level on the base....get the base level.
Drop in the scope and put the rings on loose.
Get the scope installed correctly and tighten the front ring to hold it. I like to sight on a house across the street and align the vertical post of the reticle to a known plumb corner of a house.

Once this is done, start tightening the rear ring-top by going back and forth between sides until tight....with the level reading center.

You now have a base that is square to the reticle as well as the level.
As a final step....check the scopes travel by running the elevation up and down to be sure the reticle is still tracking on the distant object(house) without veering off as you dial.
It doesn't get any better than that.

Glad to help, sir.

The fact that you can adjust the level to the scope/base is a nice feature with my setup. The NF rings should share this feature so long as they have the gaps I mentioned.

yes they do
had a long talk with Brian Gearhart at nightforce before making my choice
the only thing he had a hard time convincing me is that these aluminum rings where strong.....
but has he said we would not included one set with the new 3.5-15x50 f 1 scope if they where not strong
so I ordered them with my 2.5-10x32 nightforce....

I've got ULs holding a NXS 5.5-22X on my GAP 7Wizzer just fine...

thank you
has I said earlier, with all the positive response I am beginning to believe...
I was used to steel rings...
and they are only going on a 30-06 rifle....