• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce Unimount alternatives

goldenbear926

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2014
I am mounting a scope on a Rem 700 in .300 RUM with a Seekins 20 MOA rail. I really like the Nightforce Unimount design and am wondering what other single piece ring sets are comparable. I have used a Larue QD but don't really need the QD feature. Having two nuts to torque are not a huge deal to me. I would like to save a little weight if possible.

Thanks

Lot of product on these boards but its going to be tough to beat the Unimount. Dimensions are a real concern. Check those. 20 + 20 for example-

Larue now offers the 'VFZ' option (in lieu of the quick detach levers) which saves you $50. The one I have has performed as advertised so far, and there is less 'stuff' hanging off the side of the rifle than there would be with the quick-detach levers.

We offers depending on scopediameter, scopemodel and scopelenght a variety of mounts.
1.1" ,1.18", 1.35", 1.5" high.
For a Remignton 700 you normally want lowest possible mount if you not uses a chassis like an AIAX that forces you to use a somewhat higher mount.
We make about 60 models of unimounts now, and a shitload of various attachments to put on them.
So if you tell when scope you will be using I can give a recomendation about height and tilt (regardless what manufacturer of unimounts you choose.)

Håkan