• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce vs. premier

Re: Nightforce vs. premier

you will get mixed reviews on this especially since both are new to the market

each as pros and cons and im assuming you are comparing the F1 nightforce to the premier

I've not read about anything the NXS F1 actually does BETTER than the Heritage, but I know there are things about my Heritage I like better than the NXS (turrets, illumination, reticle, ocular rotation).

Not saying the Heritage is better, because I haven't used the NXS, just saying none of the info I've read about the NXS makes me regret getting the Heritage.

I thought that there was about a $200 difference between the two as their prices came off the peaks from when they first came out?

Now I cannot speak for the new NXS F1, however I do have both the Premiere Heritage and a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56. I will say without a shadow of a doubt that the light transmission at all magnifications in the Premiere is much better than the Nightforce. I do like the huge turrets, toggles to change the zero, adjustable illumination brightness, and of all things the scope caps that the Premiere has. It just "feels" better. No way to describe it, you just have the feel one to understand. The Premiere is just built better imho.

edited to add something

I had to opportunity over the weekend to look through both a NF F1 and one of the first Premiers (with the 22MIL) turret.

If you want a FFP MIL/MIL with Illum Ret the Premier is the better scope. To me and the 8 other people shooting the Premier had better glass, meaning sharper clarity and more light transmission. On top of which the Premier had a USO ARD and the Nightforce had no ARD. We couldnt tell much difference in the Premier with the ARD on or off.

Dont get me wrong the Nightforce is a damn fine scope. It just seemed a little like a Leupold to USO comparison.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk Gunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Dont get me wrong the Nightforce is a damn fine scope. It just seemed a little like a Leupold to USO comparison.

</div></div>

It would be like a Lupy to USO comparison except NF is fetching over $2000 for their FFP mil/mil model so the comparison is warranted.

If you go by the "tale of the tape" the Premier is in a whole 'nother league, rarified air for a commercial optic.

What the NXS offers is a tried and true track record of offering excellent mechanical performance and build quality in a mass produced scope. It's a great gunsight, and does what it is supposed to do. It is the tactical scope groundbreaker and pioneer and changed the tactical scope market forever. But, to me, it's a dated design and I've never had much love for the FOV, glass, and features.

The Premier Heritage is a "semi-custom" scope that is state of the art. It's glass takes a backseat to no one, period. The new knobs are just "right on" with a USO patented click mechanism, and it's built hell for stout and has logical features that make it a joy to run, with two fine reticles to choose from (for now). What the Heritage doesn't have is a long term quality/performance track record like the NXS. And it doesn't have the production numbers like the NXS. It's basically a new offering. <span style="font-style: italic">These things rectified</span>, the NXS FFP would become basically irrelvant, IMO. But time has to pass for this to become reality.

Comparing the intrinsic value of the products is not really fair, as the Heritage is MUCH more scope. However, given that market prices for both are pretty similar, something's got to give.

Needless to say, I'm very much interested in what happens in the future. Like when we ask this same question a year from now.

Take care,

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Utahcybercowboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the warranty on the Premier vs Nightforce?</div></div>

Both are lifetime, at least the manual says so.

Both are only as good as the company that backs them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rijndael</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Utahcybercowboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the warranty on the Premier vs Nightforce?</div></div>

Both are lifetime, at least the manual says so.

Both are only as good as the company that backs them. </div></div>

But, both are good companies.