• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightforce Wedge Prism 50 MOA or 100 MOA ???

axis007

Private
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2024
texas
Looking to add a Nightforce Wedge Prism to my Rifle. I am contemplating between the 50MOA and 100MOA.
Rifle 1 .338 Lapua with Nightforce ATACR with 5-25x , full rail, 20MOA rail, SPHUR 20MOA as well, room for Wedge Prism
Rifle 2 .375 Chey Tac with Nightforce ATACR with 7-35 full rail, 20MOA rail, SPHUR 20MOA as well, room for Wedge Prism.
shooting at a mile now, like to shoot to 2 mile soon, I am running out of adjustment at about 2000 yard ???? Like to know if the 50MOA prism is ok to bridge the gap or go balls out and get the 100MOA, I will be 240MOA - 280MOA at 3000 yards, please advise.

Honestly I'd roll with 50 if I were you. You are going to have gaps otherwise. With the 5-25 you could nearly zero at the bottom with a 50 MOA Rail+Rings and that would let you dial up to the top, put the prism on and dial back 100 MOA and keep rolling. You essentially can't do that at all with the 7-35 since you really don't want to bottom out or top out a scope and shoot it.

The difference between 1 and 2 miles isn't just twice as hard. Statistically it is more like 8-10 times as hard (based upon hit probability) so don't expect to roll from 1000 yards to a mile to 2 miles at the same pace. Plan on a progression rather than jumping to the marginal limits of what is possible.

If you need to get out further you could swap the 5-25 onto the 375 with a 60 MOA rail+Ring set up, a 1000 yard zero and the 50 MOA prism. That would get you out to 2 miles more or less. The other option is that you can stack prisms up in front of each other.

-Alex

Reactions: Taylorbok
I bought a 50.. (but found a deal in it) i had it on a 408 cheytac.. I maxed out at around 2800 yrds.. just rebarreled to 375.. expecting to do a little better now.. but would go with 100 given the option.. if your heading to 2 mile.. good luck

You'll have enough reticle in the scope to dial, use hold over. With those setups, weather you're shooting mils or moa, let's do it this way. You have a total inclination of 40 moa between the rails and mount. Your scope has 120+ moa approximately. You'll have roughly 80 moa you can dial in the real world from your 100 yd zero. Weather you have mil scope or moa, it's going to equate to about 80 moa to dial up, as well as reticle hold over available. So to me, get the 100 moa prism. You can use it. I'll do a little planning in a match as to what my elevation req are for each target. As an example, there's certain strings of fire, I can go to the first target of the set, without the prism, then switch, or there's other times it's only required on the last target. As well as there's times I'll dial to zero, put it on, and possibly hold under for the first target and then dial for the others. But I like 100 moa prism, one gear, keep it simple. I too thought I'd buy both. But I don't need variables.