• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce with NP-1RR reticle?

adluginb

#1 dad
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2010
Oklahoma
Wondering opinions of this reticle if others have it. likes or dislikes? I would use it for mainly punching paper but would also be using it to hunt with some. Talking about the 5-15x56 model

Thanks

Re: Nightforce with NP-1RR reticle?

for just punching paper and hunting I'd go with something less cluttered like the NP-R2.. NP-R1 is great if you need to range targets

I have a 5.5x22x56 nxs I found cheap with the NP-R1. I thought the retical would be too busy but the price was too good to pass it up. I actually like the NP-R1 after I got it mounted and out to the range. I think it brackets the bull better.

I have both the R1 and the 1RR . I went with the 1RR as a hunting scope .But I have found the R1 far more useful in all enviroments .Paper punching as well as hunting. Thinking about sending the 1RR back to NF and have the reticle swapped out to the R1.

The circles look cool, but unnecessary really when the NP-R1 gives u all u need. The multi-stadia reticles that have addtl. rangefinding reticles are the only ones i consider to be "cluttered."

If you are a varmint hunter... you are golden. I like my NP-1RR on my 5.5-22 but sold it about 2 weeks ago and ordered another 5.5-22 MLR with Mil-Rad turrets.