• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce Zero Stop and no elevation marks?

Siso

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2002
WI
I saw a Nightforce 5.5x22 with a zero stop for the first time today. It didn't have the elevation marks so you know what revolution you are on. I was just wondering if this is normal and how everyone likes it? I know it has the zero stop but I would still like the elevation marks on the turret.

Re: Nightforce Zero Stop and no elevation marks?

They are all like that, and if you follow correct techniques for shooting its not an issue.

Its a training thing that only impacts a shooter, if you're prone to leaving your dope on and not resetting it before moving, then it can become an issue, but if you're not sure, its simple enough to run it down to the zero stop and back.

personally its a non-issue for me.

I have one of those scopes, with a MLR reticle, and, to add to what Frank said, if If I'm in a dynamic environment where the targets are 600 yards or less, I just leave the scope on the 100 yard zero, and use reticle holdovers.

And when I do dial elevation on targets beyond 600 yards, I turn the scope back to the zero stop before changing elevation, to avoid being off a turn.

In other words - it's a training issue. As he said.

Competence with a precision rifle is best achieved by shooting a lot with one rifle, one scope, and one load.

What they said. If you get lost you just spin to the bottom and dial back up. Pretty easy. I have two F1s with the zero stop and it works fine for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What they said. If you get lost you just spin to the bottom and dial back up. Pretty easy. I have two F1s with the zero stop and it works fine for me.</div></div>
That said, you need to be careful about how hard you 'spin to the bottom.' With the Nightforce zero stop it is possible to overturn and move the knob past zero. The zero itself doesn't change, just what is indicated on the knob. I know, I managed to do it while in a 1st place shootoff a couple of years ago...

Cheers,

DC