• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Nighthawk GRP Recon or Wilson CQB Tac LE

srtsam

Paul
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Mar 1, 2008
    West TN
    Is there a difference between Wilson and Nighthawk. To be honest I'm leaning towards the hawk as their "look" to me, slightly gets the edge. I understand wilson is legendary but are they living off rep? Or is Nighthawk just copying wilson's proven methods and style? I have been wanting a wilson for some time now and am getting close to pull the trigger on one, just don't want to make a 2500 mistake.
    thanks
    sam

Re: Nighthawk GRP Recon or Wilson CQB Tac LE

I prefer Wilson; but either way I don't see it being a $2500 mistake!

I've shot a Wilson before and I was unimpressed.

I'd imagine the Nighthawk is going to be nicer, but I've only seen/handled one, not fired it.

Not a lot of help for you, but I went with the Wilson. I got to mess with it some on my vacation in April. Time ran out before I got to do much shooting with it though. It sure feels a lot better than my old springfield loaded.
    laugh.gif

cixcqbtacle1.jpg

CHRIS

IIRC the guys that started NH, worked for Wilson. I own both. There are things NH does that I really like...ditto for Wilson. I'll buy from both again.

Ron Phillips left Wilson and started NH. He has since left NH. I don't think you'd go wrong with either. I'm waiting on my GRP. PM me if you're looking for a dealer with a good price.

Can't go wrong with either. Most recently I went with Nighthawk due to aesthetic reasons. For me, it really is about finding the particular model that appeals to you the most.