• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightmare Shipping USPS

Dave Garrett

Private
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
Shipping through USPS has always gone well for me ... But I guess it was my turn for it to turn into a real mess... Sent a shotgun out (insured) to MS... Went between Memphis Tennessee and Jaskson Mississippi 2 times now... And Jaskson MS is only 40 miles from the address sent to..Been held in Jackson MS a total of 10 days now with no movement... I refunded the Hide Members purchase money today. Tried 5 times to make an account with the USPS so I could file a claim and or if they can find my package have it returned to sender... Guess what... There web site will not let me....And the biggest problem I can see is you can never talk to a real person... I am taking a break from working on this for the rest of the day and let my blood pressure calm down...Dave

Reactions: HeavyAssault
I went through this a couple of months ago...
Call YOUR local post office and ask for the postmaster. They’ll take some info and start an investigation. You’ll get a daily call from them with updates until it’s found or determined lost. Their online system is a joke.

they have like 72hrs to find it.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
usps.png

This a barrel from PVA. I live in central Ohio.

USPS is the shining example of .gov ineptitude and bloat.

• Haha
Reactions: Amanda4461
I have had a similar issue but the package was being sent to me. It went "missing" for about a week. Like mentioned above I called the post office and they requested a status. Low and behold the package started moving again the next day. No clue what happened.

All shipping, regardless of provider, seems like they’ve really gone down hill this year with regards to both reliability and “on time”.

I’ve had a package go missing for like 2 weeks the mysteriously show up

Heh...I purchased an LP record off of ebay 3 weeks ago....still "in transit". It's been 20 miles from my house since Monday. I've had about 5 packages move like molasses in February....each time I filed a missing package report, suddenly within 24 hours it was "moving" again.
Right now the best service I have had is DHL. Twice I've had packages from the west coast arrive on my doorstep in 3 days.

Tracking History

December 3, 2020
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
December 1, 2020, 1:11 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
JACKSON MS DISTRIBUTION CENTER
November 30, 2020, 7:44 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
MEMPHIS TN NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
November 30, 2020, 11:56 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
November 25, 2020, 3:48 am
JACKSON MS DISTRIBUTION CENTER
November 24, 2020, 11:03 pm
MEMPHIS TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER
November 24, 2020, 9:23 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
November 19, 2020, 6:42 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
DENVER CO NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
November 17, 2020, 10:46 am
USPS in possession of item
BUTTE, MT 59701

I have filed inquires..been to the local post office 3 times. have inquire numbers and done everything I can find out to do.... It was insured so we will see about the return of the shotgun or the insurance...Even their web site not being able to set up an account to make a insurance claim... I have to wonder if they do this just to keep people from making claims

Lol
I had a package leave the Midwest to Nevada
Make it to Portland then to California for a few days then back to Portland and finally here.

I mailed a birthday card to my dad in October. VA to MO took 13 days-
I bought brass off a guy in the PX, it took almost 4 weeks to get here

This happened to me with a tikka 2 months ago, finally got a response from the head of the post office at the receiving end and he told me where it went dark and his advise was “yeah it happens, it will show up eventually probably”

About a month later it started moving again

Had a package delivered- not delivered to my house yesterday. Hoping it shows up somewhere. Contacted the company and they are working on it...

You jumped the gun (no pun intended ) on the refund. I returned an item to Midway thru usps. 10 days later it showed no progress at all as in I had not even shipped it. Went to the post office to see if they had it or wtf? Told the guy I dropped it of at the post office 10 days ago and it has not even shipped yet. He said yeah its too soon give it some time??!!!?? A few days later it showed as received by midway on their site. The usps tracking still showed nothing. So that shotgun could be delivered with no record of it arriving and you would not know it.

I am in the same boat yet again with usps.
3 days to get from tx to florida. Been in town now since this past monday in transit to the local facility.
Fuckin hate them.
op since it was a gun maybe get the atf involved in it

I have filed inquires..been to the local post office 3 times. have inquire numbers and done everything I can find out to do.... It was insured so we will see about the return of the shotgun or the insurance...Even their web site not being able to set up an account to make a insurance claim... I have to wonder if they do this just to keep people from making claims
Yep, just like their employees hang up the phone when they don’t know, don’t care and won’t do. I got an email from an eBay buyer telling me how the spray gun kit I sent him didn’t get delivered, even though the tracking showed it was delivered. He was home when the usps driver came up his driveway, clicked his handheld which marked the box as delivered, and turned around and left. He wanted me to tell him what to do. He didn’t care for “slit the fucker’s throat, next time you see him”. I don’t see a problem 🤪

THe Jackson, MS USPS hub is a black hole of disaster. I have lost track of how many packages have gone AWOL once it reaches that place.

USPS still has a package of mine, supposively over a week at local post office. Then just had a barrel lost by UPS. Great luck I'm having right now.

They lost two of mine in the last week! A third just a month ago. I’ve had no issues with them in the last decade, and now this. I’ll be using UPS for a while. As for missing guns, I’ve read on here that contacting the police can really get the ball rolling. Don’t have any experience with that though.

You need to met with the Postmaster where you mailed it. Tell him he has 24 hours to find it or you will will get ATF and the police involved because a firearm is missing. Call the ATF office in Jackson and give them the information.

Reactions: Amanda4461
Had one go past me 2-3 times.

Went something like arrived in Vegas, went to Salt Lake, back to Vegas, back to Salt Lake, back to Vegas and then to southern Utah.

That box passed by my house 5 or 6 times.

It’s funny you posted this. I just had the same thing happening to me. Sent a letter with a MO for a gunbroker purchase to TX. Everything was fine, but then I saw “in transit but arriving late “ status. After 10 days I filed a report with USPS. That apparently started a chain of events and the letter was miraculously found the same day. Few days later it got delivered. I actually received a phone call (!) from a human (!) asking if everything was delivered fine. That somewhat improved my view of USPS, but still WTF? Never had issues before but lately there are some serious problems with USPS.

I have good one with UPS right now. They are running back and forth between myself and a seller with a package. It came to our hub, they tried to call my parents, how ever they got that number. Phone book maybe from the last name. IDK. The next morning the tracking showed returning to seller. Then when it got back there yesterday. The tracking said it could not be dropped off because the business was closed. He advised me the office was open all day. It will be interesting to see what the malfunction was. They drop off here at least 3 times per week. I know one of the drivers personally and he drops stuff off at work for me.

Guess we all are in this boat right now. Who's got the drink?? LOL

All their seasonal election/black friday/christmas hires just quit at once, coincidence they are all also registered democrats.

Same here, got 5 fucking packages “arriving late” some of which were shipped before Thanksgiving. Had one package sent to a buyer on here that showed up with an empty box that was cut open, shit stolen out of it.

1607172482500.gif

Using UPS until further notice as they seem less likely to fuck shit up.

It’s funny you posted this. I just had the same thing happening to me. Sent a letter with a MO for a gunbroker purchase to TX. Everything was fine, but then I saw “in transit but arriving late “ status. After 10 days I filed a report with USPS. That apparently started a chain of events and the letter was miraculously found the same day. Few days later it got delivered. I actually received a phone call (!) from a human (!) asking if everything was delivered fine. That somewhat improved my view of USPS, but still WTF? Never had issues before but lately there are some serious problems with USPS.
My postman told me a month ago, to be careful with what I mailed, and to insure it. He was running the 1pm delivery at 5:30pm due to employees calling in with the Kung Flu. Same as the Blue Flue, they just didn’t want to work. Told me of a bunch of temps they were using, that sounded like the jailbirds Exxon used to run the cafeterias when our refineries were on strike. The Chinese have got us by the gonads. If somebody doesn’t wake up and nuke the commie trash, they will improve the next dose and we won’t get the chance🙈

I have had a bunch of stuff STOLEN by USPS employees. There appears to be 2 locations where my packages have disappeared. I've had a few that were reported as Returned To Sender too. However they never made it back to the sender.

It's almost like my address is on a list and these 2 locations feel they can pick which one's they want. All my stolen packages are being shipped to me. I've never lost a package being sent to someone.

Thats exactly what seems to be happening with this UPS package. I checked the tracking again today, it said it wasn't delivered because the business was closed.

Many FFl Dealers have Gun or Firearm in their names where you have to send firearms and parts.. This may make them easier targets for thieves working in the post offices or other shipping places....By the sounds of it... There are many hotspots for things to go missing... The Postal Service and or UPS has to know these are places with theft problems and they do nothing to stop it...