• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics Nighttime Scope level interest poll

Would you be interested in a tritium illuminated night time scope bubble level?

• Yes

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • I wasted more time than I should have reading all this.........

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters

STI_1911_Guy

Sergeant
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2011
Michigan
**Edit** I should have stated earlier, but this works during the daylight as a normal bubble level also. The tritium vial has no effect during daylight hours.

I made up a couple nighttime scope bubble levels for a few buddies and I was seeing if there would be any interest here, if so I might start offering them along with the other items I print.

Currently is setup for 30mm tube. It is printed from carbon fiber reinforced nylon materials. There is a tritium vial behind the bubble level that acts as the illuminator. The images attached are somewhat grainy, as it was rather difficult to get an image after dark that focused where I needed it but non the less it shows what's needed.

This is a hinged ring that clamps on the scope tube. There is a pocket that a nut slides into that you can see in the image so the threads and bolt will be stainless. The hinge pin is also stainless. If your current scope setup is in a one piece AR type scope mount there may not be room to slip the bottom half of the ring between the base and bottom of scope tube which would then require the scope to be removed from the rings and bubble installed and remounted. All scopes mounted in "regular" rings should have clearance.

The total price shipped to your door would be around $80, mostly depending on tritium cost. This would be a specific niche. I know there were some similar on the market currently but i couldn't find much with tritium vials as the illuminator. If there are some good ones already out there please feel free to let me know. Thanks.

Attachments

• Assembly solid image.JPG
    Assembly solid image.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Dark 1.jpg
    Dark 1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Dark 2.jpg
    Dark 2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Transparent image assembly.JPG
    Transparent image assembly.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
For sure..... I purchased the long range arms electronic level for use at night and it's way too bright.

Would 100% purchase your level. Would request 34mm, and would love to see a version designed to attach to the picatinny rail or spuhr mount.

For sure..... I purchased the long range arms electronic level for use at night and it's way too bright.

Would 100% purchase your level. Would request 34mm, and would love to see a version designed to attach to the picatinny rail or spuhr mount.
Sounds good, thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: m1ajunkie
There are various colors, the color shown is blue. Is there any reason to go with a certain color over another that I am not aware of? In relation to use of NV or anything?

I'm sure there are plenty of people much more experienced than myself that could enlighten me of any possible oversights in color choice.

STI_1911,

I applaud your idea, excellent! 👏🏼

And that you did something about a this great idea, that makes you part of a select and small group of people! Twice excellent. (Most of us just procrastinate until the idea floated downstream past us.... 🤦🏻‍♂️)

Personally, I will need to save the $80 to invest in another project, as my play money fund has taken a beating during corona.

🔸 I hope your idea will be successful and you'll not just have a financial reward — but the reward of having helped our community to a useful tool (and for some, it's at least a "cool tool" 😄).

Matthias

Reactions: STI_1911_Guy
Seems to me that a level is only needed for long range shots. Would be useful if you had a clip on thermal maybe. But I don't. Voted no.

Reactions: STI_1911_Guy
If you could make a dope card that eas able to be read at night, I'd be all over that. Like you know how some make cards for inside of their scope cap that gives their dope out to 1000 or 1500 yards? If you had something like that or a nicer wrist band that performed the same task. I'd like that a lot! The illuminated level would be absolutely awesome if you could make them as a replacement for the ones in certain chassis too. ( I'd high recommend starting with the vision...hint)....

I'm hesitant to slap anything else on my rifle though so I'd probably want it to be as a replacement for the one built in my chassis.

Really good thinking and good work bud, I'm sure many will love this

If you could make a dope card that eas able to be read at night, I'd be all over that. Like you know how some make cards for inside of their scope cap that gives their dope out to 1000 or 1500 yards? If you had something like that or a nicer wrist band that performed the same task. I'd like that a lot! The illuminated level would be absolutely awesome if you could make them as a replacement for the ones in certain chassis too. ( I'd high recommend starting with the vision...hint)....

I'm hesitant to slap anything else on my rifle though so I'd probably want it to be as a replacement for the one built in my chassis.

Really good thinking and good work bud, I'm sure many will love this
Thanks for the feedback, I will put something like that on the project list.

It's pretty cool and I would like one, but I am just trying to imagine myself ever taking a long distance shot where I would need a level and have enough light to take a shot, but cool none the less.