• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightvision Mounting Systems

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
Has anyone had or installed a S.I.R.S Rail System on a Mcmillan A-5 Stock?
Ive seen the MARS rail system and the MIRS system but I dont know which one will work with an A-5 stock with a Krieger MTU barrel. My concern is the rail going to clear the MTU barrel, on any of them. I dont see paying $450+ for it tho. The SIRS is smaller and cheaper but you have to embed it in your stock so you cant adjust it or move it, your stuck with that spot. What if the nightvision system you buy for it is way to far away from optic? Your stuck I guess.
I want something to attach and take off, easy in a nightvision system. ( and yes I will actually need it. MP) and also be able to attach a laser and lighting of some sort.
Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Nightvision Mounting Systems

Check with McCann. got one for my Remmy 5R...Its for sale at a good price if it will work for you.

Re: Nightvision Mounting Systems

The most flexible system is the LaRue STOMP. Easy to adjust for whatever system you end up with, easy on off and rails as required.

I actually prefer to have the laser pointer/illum slaved to the spotters system, so he can designate the targets. Much better for him to do the manipulation of switches and such, plus it keeps the weight and bulk off the rifle.