• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nikko Stirling, Millett, Ade advanced optics.

Understated_in_Accuracy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2014
Does anyone have any experience with any of the above scopes?
Vortex, Bushnell, Nightforce, and Leupold would be out at the moment because of a budget. The scope would be used out to 1000 yards, more and less, for hunting and target shooting, the caliber of the rifle is .308.

I really LOVE the glass on my Nikko Stirling Target Master scope. The eye box is a bit tight, but it's glass is AS GOOD as my Steiner, SWFA, Vortex, and Leupold, although it's 1/8 MOA adjustment (too fine) and second focal plane (personal preference is FFP). What's this future scope going to be used for?

I really liked my Savage 11 LRH (Long Range Hunter), and felt it had the perfect balance of weight and size. The 12 LRP is much heavier, and is really only meant for target shooting. If you're REALLY into packing heavy guns when you hunt, then it might work.

I really LOVE the glass on my Nikko Stirling Target Master scope. The eye box is a bit tight, but it's glass is AS GOOD as my Steiner, SWFA, Vortex, and Leupold, although it's 1/8 MOA adjustment (too fine) and second focal plane (personal preference is FFP). What's this future scope going to be used for?

639_tommy-lee-jones-serious.gif

Is this going on your .308 gas gun you don't own yet? I would order up a Counter Sniper scope. They are the bestest! True U.S. Government over stock!

While that's a small budget you can still be looking at options like the MidwayUSA Bushnell 10X40 and Weaver 3.5-10, which are mil/mil and good budget optics. There's also the Vortex HS-T riflescopes that offer a lot of features well within your budget, the SWFA Super Sniper Scopes, The Burris C4Plus line is pretty good with a useful wind reticle and the option to have custom BDC turrets made. I reviewed one a while back and had no problem with it on my AR-15 making hits at 600 yards with the 4.5-14 version.

I would undoubtedly get a Viper HS-T. I just picked one up at a gun show brand new in box for $450. Lifetime warranty and great glass for the price

Does anyone have any experience with any of the above scopes?
Vortex, Bushnell, Nightforce, and Leupold would be out at the moment because of a budget. The scope would be used out to 1000 yards, more and less, for hunting and target shooting, the caliber of the rifle is .308.

Why does everyone want to shoot 1000 yards with a 300 dollar scope?
MidwayUSA Weaver Grand Slam Tactical 3-10x.
Probably the best 300 dollar variable you can buy.

Falcon Menace 4-14x FFP is another solid option for less than 400.

I had a Millet 4-16 tactical scope. I was actually quite pleased with it but when you started cranking the turrets way up, the shoddy internals became evident.

SWFA Super Sniper fixed power Scopes 300.00 -400.00 NEW
or less -used-
in the optics for sale section
there are even some Leopold's in there for under 500.00
I've heard good things about primary arms scopes - around 200.00 -but never used one

Last edited:
The Burris C4 is a great budget priced scope. Get one with a standard MOA turret. If you remove the rubber o-ring under the elevation turret it makes the turret crisp, not squishy.

I don't want to sound like a gun snob but I would not buy any of that shit. Save your money for a while and buy something good. Not because the cheap shit won't do the job but because you won't have to buy it twice. Or say fuq it, and throw yourself a steamy turd together. Just my .02

Chris R

That philosophy is great, if you have an extra scope laying around. Otherwise you sit around with your thumb up your ass and not shooting, while you save your money for a scope.

Why does everyone want to shoot 1000 yards with a 300 dollar scope?
MidwayUSA Weaver Grand Slam Tactical 3-10x.
Probably the best 300 dollar variable you can buy.

Falcon Menace 4-14x FFP is another solid option for less than 400.

I had a Millet 4-16 tactical scope. I was actually quite pleased with it but when you started cranking the turrets way up, the shoddy internals became evident.

I still own a Millet 4x16x50 LRS. I bought it to put on my AR15 for the few occasions a year that I went out to shoot whistle pigs.

I now use it on my new .308 gas gun while I try to decide what scope I want. I was going to get the new Burris XTR II 5x25. I actually bought a pair of XTR II's in the 1.5x8 for my 3 gun rifles. But I want to see that new Steiner T5Xi first.

So at any rate, I have been shooting my .308 to 1000 yards without any issues with the Millet. I haven't noticed any issues with the turrets as I really dial them up. I've been up and down numerous times and everything still hits where it should. I had to make 3 hits at 550, three at 720, and three at 900 for bonus at the MGM Ironman this year while on the clock. Spun the turrets, got the hits, no problems at all.

Pretty impressed with it really for a $270 scope. It's not comparable with high end glass, by any means. But nice for what you pay.