• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nikon 2.5-10 x 42 SF tactical. Any good???

Hardin284

Private
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2008
Georgia
I've seen these scopes in the $700-800 range and woul like your opinion on them. Worth the $?

Re: Nikon 2.5-10 x 42 SF tactical. Any good???

The Nikon X 2.5-10X44 Tactical is a very good scope but there are a few other choices that are better or just as good for less $.

The Sightron 3.5-10x44 LR MD is a nicer and more scope for the money.

The Leupold MK4 LR PR 4.5-14X40 MD is good choice for about the same price.

You can't go wrong with one so if you like Nikon go for it.

GC

That's good price. I have seen the Plex reticle scopes on sale for around $600 but not the mildot.

It makes you wonder what is going on. I have seen a lot on sale way below dealer cost. It looks like a closeout sale. Natchez Shooters Supplies is one that had them on sale below dealer cost.

GC

For $600 the Nikon Monarch X 2.5-10x44 is a good deal. Don't sweat it. However, these aren't the "Tactical" model, as these were discontinued awhile ago. The Tactical was a different, and better scope. If you find a true Tac model for $600 in like new condition, snatch it up. At least I would!

Scott

I have a Nikon Monarch Tactical in 2.5x10, and have owned 2 so far, and they are really good scopes for the money. In fact, I would say the glass is on par with my NF, and better than my Lupy Mark IV. Wish they would do a Mil-Mil and a First Focal Plane.