• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nikon Buckmaster 4-16 mil dot on 300wsm

EastWestky

Private
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2011
I am looking for a scope for my 300 wsm savage I am putting together. I will be hunting and shooting long range with it. I was looking at the Nikons they are at a good price range. How do you all think this scope will work out in the long run? Is there anything else around that price range that would be better?

Re: Nikon Buckmaster 4-16 mil dot on 300wsm

Supposedly there are/was Vortex Viper 6.5-20x mil-dot scopes going for under $300 some where on the web, maybe you can find one. They have always had great feedback aside from the shorter eye-relief, but you just need to use good form and keep the rifle tight to your shoulder.

Re: Nikon Buckmaster 4-16 mil dot on 300wsm

I have two, and love them. One has been on my '06 for quite a few rounds of decent recoil, and is always good. The adjustments are very repeatable although I have never shot the box to check actual increments. I wanted to try it on my Colt LR in 7mag, but the rings are too low. Based on my experience, I would think it would work fine. Optical quality has never been an issue, and it is in my price range.