• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nikon Buckmasters repeatbility.?????????????

stork23raz

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2010
east Tennessee
hey guys I got a Nikon buckmasters 6-18x40mm w/ target knobs sitting on savage 17hmr. I use it for picking of pest. But I would like ot take longer shots. Right now I just been using hold overs. But I would like to be a little more precise. Does anyone know how repeatable these scopes are? I sure dont want to get out there and start craking and miss comepletey.

Re: Nikon Buckmasters repeatbility.?????????????

I ran the knob up and down many times on the one I had. Never seemed to have a tracking problem. Clicks are 1/8 IPHY rather than MOA. It did loose zero after about 500 rnds or so, but CS took care of that.

I had one on my remington 700 tactical, used the turrets all the time and it allways returned to zero, i shot it in a 300-600 yard precision rifle match and maxed my elevation out at 600 and had to aim at the top of the head to hit center mass and it still returned to zero, i have a 20moa base now, Good scope enjoy it

Thanks, I wanted to crank it. but was afraid it would screw it up and i would miss the little varmints.