• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nikon FX-1000

lennyo3034

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2010
USA
Did anyone get a chance to see this at SHOT? I just watched the 6.5 Guys video on it.

10mil zerostop turrets
FFP
Relatively lightweight
Mil and MOA reticles

$650-$800

I can't find any pictures of the reticle and I'm wondering if anyone had a chance to get behind it.

Reactions: bman940
Reticle looks decent. Now I'm wondering what the country of origin is. And if it has the same glass as their monarch lines.

These are Filipino scopes. I have spoken to a couple of the folks involved, and the direct correlation between these and Monarchs has not been made, but several statements have inferred as much. I have also been led to believe this is the first foray into this field, with more to come....i.e., more up to date magnification ranges, etc....

To me they looked a reasonable first effort in the FFP world and appeared to have some thing in common with Gen 1 PST.

I will probably need to get my hands onone for a test, but I am booked until later this year, so perhaps then.

ILya

The gentleman from Nikon said he sat down with the tech's in japan and picked out the best feeling turrets so I assumed they were also made in Japan i'm going to give one a try on my hunter class prs rifle it seem's to be a good deal with good warranty.

The gentleman from Nikon said he sat down with the tech's in japan and picked out the best feeling turrets so I assumed they were also made in Japan i'm going to give one a try on my hunter class prs rifle it seem's to be a good deal with good warranty.

They are made in the Phillipines, so I am not sure who the gentleman from Nikon was sitting down with and after how many drinks :)

ILya

He may very well have sat down with designers in Japan, but I highly doubt the scopes are made there. The first red flag is the price point, unless they're keeping their profit margin incredibly tight (which I doubt), this optic which these features isn't happening in Japan. The second is how similar it looks to the old Nikon tacticals they had 10-15 years ago, it really appears to just be them with FFP and matched knobs/reticles.

The old ones were pretty good but a lot of them still went tits up. Nikon would warranty them of course and you would see a good bit of refurbs at vendors because of this.

If they're made in Japan that's awesome, but I highly doubt it. If they're not, I wish they were and they charged a little more to reflect that. I gave up on trying to get filipino scopes to hold up a long time ago. If it's not made in Japan, Germany, or USA then I don't touch it.

Wonder if this will be on par with a Vortex Viper PST gen 1 or gen 2? Any news on when it will become available?

I'll take the athlon ares over this, reticle is nicer and you can get it with a zero stop and in a higher magnification. I've been shooting Nikon for 30 years as a pro photographer. Not a fan of their scopes.

So let me clear up a few things with this scope. I'm the Sr. Manager for Nikon Sport Optics and the one behind this scope (and in that video). It was me that said I sat down with the engineers in Japan picking out clicks etc. There are many, many misconceptions with optics in this industry. I'm not going to point and fingers but many of the "well known" optics manufacturers do not design their own scopes. They design reticles, turret knurling, etc but the optical design, internals, erectors, etc all are designed by the third party manufacturers who build them.

This is NOT how Nikon does things, since we have a heard of optical engineers (we are Nikon), mechanical engineers, etc we design our scopes and the people who build them build to OUR specs, we don't peddle someone else's. This is a very, very large difference and not something you typically find until spending much, much more on optics.

These scopes are made in the Philippines but designed by our people in Japan (hence why I was there) and I really want to emphasize this difference. We have manufacturers who build to our specs, and we don't just pick their existing designs etc out of a catalog so to speak. This is definitely not the mot cost effective way of going about it but yields a much nicer product in the end. Also since we are a glass company, you will get a higher grade of glass for a much lower price. There are a few independent reviews coming out in the next few weeks and from what I've heard already the glass quality is better then that of the PST Gen 2 and the SHV both costing hundreds and hundreds more. I personally own an SHV and the FX glass is better but I keep my comments to myself as I work for Nikon.

I would also like to say that I took 12th overall my first year shooting the PRS and 5th overall my second year. My point is that I took every feature you would "need" to shoot a match and put it in this scope and did it at a price that couldn't be refused. Our margins are quite thin on this scope because I needed people to give us a chance in this world we've never been known in. This is definitely not the old Monarch Tactical as it's a whole new chassis and everything about it is different.

Just a few quick specs on the scope
4-16 or 6-24 illuminated and non MIL and MOA options
30mm tube
The best clicks I've felt under $2k
High Speed Turrets
True Zero Stop
Great reticles, line thickness, etc.
The travel on these scopes that's printed is also EXTREMELY conservative. The 6-24 I have is 20.1 mils and the 4-16 is 31 Mils.
Amazing glass for the price
Tracking has proven to be extremely consistent
Lifetime warranty
Pricing is:
4-16 non illuminated $649
6-24 non illuminated $749
6-24 Illuminated $799
Available in the next couple weeks

I would highly encourage anyone to give these a try and put it against everything else that's out there even costing much more and formulate your own opinions I do not think you will be disappointed.

Last edited:
So let me clear up a few things with this scope. I'm the Sr. Manager for Nikon Sport Optics and the one behind this scope (and in that video). It was me that said I sat down with the engineers in Japan picking out clicks etc. There are many, many misconceptions with optics in this industry. I'm not going to point and fingers but many of the "well known" optics manufacturers do not design their own scopes. They design reticles, turret knurling, etc but the optical design, internals, erectors, etc all are designed by the third party manufacturers who build them.

This is NOT how Nikon does things, since we have a heard of optical engineers (we are Nikon), mechanical engineers, etc we design our scopes and the people who build them build to OUR specs, we don't peddle someone else's. This is a very, very large difference and not something you typically find until spending much, much more on optics.

These scopes are made in the Philippines but designed by our people in Japan (hence why I was there) and I really want to emphasize this difference. We have manufacturers who build to our specs, and we don't just pick their existing designs etc out of a catalog so to speak. This is definitely not the mot cost effective way of going about it but yields a much nicer product in the end. Also since we are a glass company, you will get a higher grade of glass for a much lower price. There are a few independent reviews coming out in the next few weeks and from what I've heard already the glass quality is better then that of the PST Gen 2 and the SHV both costing hundreds and hundreds more. I personally own an SHV and the FX glass is better but I keep my comments to myself as I work for Nikon.

I would also like to say that I took 12th overall my first year shooting the PRS and 5th overall my second year. My point is that I took every feature you would "need" to shoot a match and put it in this scope and did it at a price that couldn't be refused. Our margins are quite thin on this scope because I needed people to give us a chance in this world we've never been known in. This is definitely not the old Monarch Tactical as it's a whole new chassis and everything about it is different.

30mm tube
High Speed Turrets
True Zero Stop
The travel on these scopes that's printed is also EXTREMELY conservative. The 6-24 I have is 20.1 mils and the 4-16 is 31 Mils.
Lifetime warranty
Pricing is:
6-24 Illuminated $799

I would highly encourage anyone to give these a try and put it against everything else that's out there even costing much more and formulate your own opinions I do not think you will be disappointed.

Thanks for the write up and info. I know many scope companies just use optical designs from the house that builds them and I assumed the same for these. I am much more interested now that I know its different.

Perhaps I missed it, but is there a weight on these?

I m going to give them a try all my nikon's have worked great I had one on my stopper rifle for years and has alway's held zero and has saved my bacon more than once .I know its different than the FX's but I have tried many scope the last couple year's in PRS style shooting that were around this price point with very little success so i'm ordering a few soon as they are available and giving them a try. Thank's for the feedback Jeremy ,

The weight is bwetween 23.3-24.5 oz's depending on model/illumination. Here's a link to a video so that you can see how easy it is to set the zero stop on the BLACK FX1000. A few guy's have asked me if it uses shim's and the answer is no. Screw's to set it and it is a solid lock up. The link is posted in another thread as well.

BLACK FX1000 - Setting the zero stop

deadnbrkn84, Thank you for posting up in this forum and sharing that info. I was looking forward to getting ahold of one of these, and now definitely will get ahold of one.

Screen%20Shot%202018-02-07%20at%2010.16.53%20AM.png

Here's a few of the spec's on the BLACK FX1000. The max internal adjustment's are actually on the low side and guy's have been getting over 19MRAD of adjustment on the 6-24x50 model. I hope this helps?
Feel free to drop me a note with any question's and I'll do my best to get you the answers.

You all are very welcome. Again our margins are thin on these because I know Nikon isn’t known in this world and I fought super hard to bring them to an incredible price. I did this so with all the features people just had to give them a shot. I know how pleasently surprised everyone will be and we can grab some market share.

If you haven’t seen it the new 4k yard rangefinder we released also just set a new bar for consumer rangefinder expectations. I’ve personally ranged trees at 3,280 and consistently at 2,700. It’s an incredible piece of gear especially for $449

So how long until they are available you think? If it makes it easier I’ll pick one up from headquarters since I live close by ?

I need a new scope on my 700, and this could definitely be a contender.

Any ideas on when they're being released in Europe?

Dang, these look pretty nice. I have a Nikon on my rifle right now, but am replacing it with a Razor because I wanted to move to a FFP scope. The curren scope is a good one though, and moving to my .22

Nikon's BLACK FX1000 scope's should be in retailer's in the next 2 week's,hopefully!
It truly is a heck of a scope as we have said previously, it has a lot of great feature's longrange shooter's want for a great price.
Also check out Nikon's new BLACK Series mount.

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 8.45.53 AM.png

Reactions: JeffLebowski
To each his own, right? The reticle on the BLACK FX1000 was specifically designed by Nikon's Sr. Manager who is an avid competitive shooter for ease of use and effectiveness. One of the feature's guy's liked the most at SHOT Show along with the FFP and zero stop. The important thing is you got what works the best for your needs. You also probably could have bought 2 of the BLACK FX1000's for what you paid for your scope and mount?

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 9.09.36 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: tt123
But just think if they had a Christmas tree style reticle as an option.... They could sell even more... ;)
I agree with you.. and I adhered to the advice I often here.. get the reticle you like first and foremost.... most players add the zero stops and FFP's now, so I don't see that as an advantage other then the price point.. and you would expect to pay more for a scope made at LOW in Japan, vs. the Philippines.
They should do very well.

30mm tube
High Speed Turrets
True Zero Stop
Lifetime warranty
Pricing is:
6-24 Illuminated $799

Awesome man.

Long time Nikon fan here since trying the Buckmaster a few years back. I've had Monarch & Pro Staff scopes on rifles for years but was really hoping for a FFP scope that we could dial with!

Look forward to grabbing one when it comes out!

Thanks for your efforts!

BMAN940, Please have Nikon post a copy of the FX1000 manual, I am interested but the lack of a manual to check out how the 'new' zero stop works is derailing me. Also, the SF is appearing in places in the internet after the FX1000 designation, this I read was for the older scope and meant second focal as in plane. I do not under stand keeping such nomenclature or are some trying to sell me the older scope ? Also, please post a link to first independent comparison between this glass and SHV glass as that will be my deciding factor. At 1000 yards, 300 dollars is a small price to pay for better glass, need to know if this is on par. Wanted a locking turret, closest is the LRTS from bushels for price but just left that option as they are giving Canadians a 30% break on tactical this month but not us Americans. One other issue is only posted review on Nikon site for your custom turrets is not a good one, sad as I would have been more swayed by knowing I could get a good custom Creedmoor turret.

Bushnells has told us in a 2 page thread that they are honoring the LRSTi 30% rebate... Why do you keep repeating info that they are not?

The zero stop is aa piece of cake to set and I think this video will show you just how easy it is and how solid as well. As for retailer's taking pre-order's I heard 1800gun's is and I was also told abouut a discont code, friends10, not sure if it is still good but try it out.

I haven't seen the post about the Custom Turret but I can assure you the accuracy is excelelnt. I have 3 ! .257 wby mag,.300 Win and .308. I have taken all 3 rifles to 700 yards. These are deer rifles not a thing custom about them. As with any program the more accurate the information you enter the better the downrange accuracy you will have. I have numerous friend's who have custom turret's as well and love em. They are all shooter's who range something, turn to the right distance and pull the trigger. 2 of them got grerat deer last year over 400 yards. I'll see if I can find a pic of one of the guys rifles with a MONARCH 5 XR turret on it.

Setting the zero stop on Nikon's BLACK FX1000 scope

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-18%20at%2012.57.36%20PM.png

Last edited:
Bushnells has told us in a 2 page thread that they are honoring the LRSTi 30% rebate... Why do you keep repeating info that they are not?
When I read about the issues people had with the rebate on this forum I did not see that they were officially 'honoring' it, just that some reps said they would and some said 'no'. Sorry I missed the 2 pager. Also, people did not say that Bushnell told them exactly what happened which companies will sometimes do and since I knew, I shared, isn't that what threads are for ? I will look for the 2 pager and call them on Monday and verify, thanks.

Reactions: rippit
Fixed! Thank you. Did you at least like the video on Nikon's new BLACK RANGEX 4K ?

Nikon Rangefinder- BLACK RANGEX 4K
I'm very curious to see how follow up reviews go. It seems most rangefinders (other than a very select few) are really hyped by marketing stats but in real world use they fall very short either due to Quality control (sig kilo 2200), very poor pickup rates on steel (old 1mile Bushnell) or are wicked expensive when they work as advertised (terrapin).

I'm all for a rangefinder that will actually hit a 16x24" steel target to 1200 confidently in most conditions. Im a bit skeptical of LRF claims now as most of the units I've used have had a very narrow window of atmospheric conditions where they will work or simply never worked right to begin with.

Keep your eye's open then, this rangefinder and the MONARCH 3000 Stabilized will be hitting retailer's very soon. For sub $450 you get a lot with these 2 rangefinders

Considering this one for a cz455.

Changing gears a bit... how good is nikon,s warranty service to say compared to vortex?

What does the parallax adjust down to? 50 yards? 25 yards?

Glad to see Nikon coming out with something updated and new. You guys were beginning to get a bit stale, and non-interesting, this has my attention.